Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] (FOC227) THE FOCEXEC PROCEDURE CANNOT BE FOUND

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] (FOC227) THE FOCEXEC PROCEDURE CANNOT BE FOUND
 Login/Join

Guru
posted
I've been working and searching on this for a couple of hours and it's time to ask for help.

I have a simple form with a single text box input.

-DEFAULTH &COUNTRY = '_FOC_NULL'

-HTMLFORM BEGIN

<html>
		<head>

</head>

<body>

<form action="/ibi_apps/WFServlet" method="get">
			<input type="hidden" name="IBIF_ex" value="country_cars.fex">
			Enter the NPI Number (a partial num will return multiple rows): 
			<input type="EDIT" name="COUNTRY" value="">
			<input type="submit">
		</form>

</body>
	</html>

-HTMLFORM END  

I'd like to enter a number (ex: 10) as the input and then call a pretty simple procedure, passing the parameter.

-DEFAULT &COUNTRY = '_FOC_NULL'

TABLE FILE CAR
PRINT CAR
BY COUNTRY
WHERE COUNTRY EQ '&COUNTRY'
END

Both files are in the same content directory, right off the content root. But, WF can not find the procedure.

How do I help it?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Don Garland,

WebFOCUS Administrator @ Worldpay FIS
PROD/DEV/TEST: 8204, SANDBOX: 8206 soon - BIP, Reportcaster, Resource Manager, EUM, HyperStage soon, DB: HIVE,Oracle,MSSQL

Posts: 291 | Location: Greater Cincinnati  | Registered: May 11, 2005Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Hi Don

When you run a WFServlet request the way you have it coded, it is looking for the procedures on the reporting server in any app folder in the APP PATH. I think there is a way to run WFServlet pointing to the content area but not sure what the syntax is.

Thank you for using Focal Point!

Chuck Wolff - Focal Point Moderator
WebFOCUS 7x and 8x, Windows, Linux All output Formats

Posts: 2127 | Location: Customer Support | Registered: April 12, 2005Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
If the fex is in the repository you can reference it like this:

IBFS:/WFC/Repository/domain_folder_name/country_car.fex

WebFOCUS 8206, Unix, Windows

Posts: 1853 | Location: New York City | Registered: December 30, 2015Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
quote:
form action="/ibi_apps/WFServlet" method="get"
input type="hidden" name="IBIF_ex" value="country_cars.fex"

I believe with that set of execution parameters the reporting server will expect the fex to reside on the server, not in "content" on the client.

- Jack Gross
WF through 8.1.05

Posts: 1925 | Location: NYC | In FOCUS since 1983 | Registered: January 11, 2005Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
quote:
it is looking for the procedures on the reporting server in any app folder in the APP PATH.

Chuck,

I thought of that and put the fex in a few locations within the app path but it still doesn't find it. Back in 7.65 we used to set a series of variables. That method was given to me by an IBI Prof Serv person at DG and it worked but I can't find documentation that matches that method for 8.09.

My first efforts were to get this to work in HTML Composer. And if the FEX is in the HTML Document, it works and it's fast to put together, but calling an external fex and passing an input variable seems to be more difficult.

NOTE: WF does find the fex if I save it to baseapp. This validates what was suggested but I'm hoping to find a configuration solution to this.

Honestly, a HTML Composer solution would be the best way to get this done. Just like adding a report to an HTML document which does allow me to pass parameters to it (or set them and refresh would be more accurate).

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Don Garland,

PROD/DEV/TEST: 8204, SANDBOX: 8206 soon - BIP, Reportcaster, Resource Manager, EUM, HyperStage soon, DB: HIVE,Oracle,MSSQL

Posts: 291 | Location: Greater Cincinnati  | Registered: May 11, 2005Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Don

This is just a guess but try taking the .fex off of the end..

Posts: 2127 | Location: Customer Support | Registered: April 12, 2005Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
quote:
try taking the .fex off of the end

Chuck, appreciate those "get out of the box" thoughts but it didn't fix the problem.

Thank you,

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Don

I took your code as is and ran it in 8.1.05 with a fex in the app folders and it ran just fine. Not sure why it is not working for you.

Guru
posted Hide Post
It does, thanks everyone.