Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] Hold files in Reporting Objects WF 8.0.03

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] Hold files in Reporting Objects WF 8.0.03
 Login/Join

posted
Hi all,

I am working on a Reporting Object and have found out via the web that you can create hold files in the 'Preprocessing Other' part of the RO. I am trying to make a Concat key to join my tables with. I am able to make the keys via the Define statement, and it shows up in my tables in the join section, however when I try to create a report with the two tables joined by the Concat key, it gives me the error, '(FIC370) THE FIELDNAME USED IN JOIN CANNOT BE FOUND IN THE FILE'.

I was wondering if creating hold files in the 'Preprocesing Other' would be the answer to that problem. I can create the hold file, but I am not quite sure how to call back to it.

WF Help says to 'Create a Reporting Object with the BASEAPP and IBISAMP selected as the application paths and the EMPLOYEE table selected as the MASTERFILE.'

However, I am not sure what the BASEAPP and IBISAMP applicaiton paths are.

In Dev Studio,

We normally create hold files like this:

TABLE FILE EXAMPLE_HOLD_TABLE
PRINT *
ON TABLE SET PAGE-NUM NOLEAD
ON TABLE NOTOTAL
ON TABLE HOLD AS 1HOLD
ON TABLE SET HTMLCSS ON
END

I tried it that method, and was not able to call back to in like I can in Dev Studio.

Any helpful tips would be greatly appreciated!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Kathryn Henning>,

Gold member
posted Hide Post
I'm still on 7.7.03. But I think you need to use the APP HOLD command. I think what that does is put your hold file in a permanent location so that you can then reference it later. Otherwise that hold file is getting trashed when that reporting object is finished running... at least I think that's what is happening.

I think I normally have to set it to BASEAPP; but I believe that depends on your set up.

Somewhere at the top of your fex:
APP HOLD BASEAPP

Kevin Patterson
Appalachian State University
WebFOCUS 7.7.03
Windows, All Outputs

Expert
posted Hide Post
Consider ON TABLE HOLD AS 1HOLD FORMAT FOCUS INDEX FirstByField Note the FirstByField needs to be added above...

Posts: 3132 | Location: Tennessee, Nashville area | Registered: February 23, 2005Report This Post