Focal Point
webfocus & miniSAP

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/6381008331

October 21, 2004, 12:53 PM
<cavste>
webfocus &amp; miniSAP
I install the MiniSAP and i want to connect with webfocus using sap r/3 adapter.

If possible connect webfocus with a minisap??

thanks
October 22, 2004, 07:36 AM
<Grzegorz>
One or two years ago I have been experimenting with connecting iWay (java iXTE) to miniSAP, and it worked and it was easy to connect. I could suppose that the situation is similar when connecting WebFOCUS. There is nothing better to do, like following the documentation and trying to connect.
As I remember there were no business modules in miniSAP, just the SAP Basis (maybe it was specific fo my installation), so not too much to report from.

Regards
Grzegorz
October 22, 2004, 08:29 AM
<cavste>
thanks Grzegorz

Thehe are a different connection for WebFOCUS and Iway. With Webfocus is necessary download to the SAP or miniSAP 10 programs when you configure the system query adapter for r/3. Now i dont' use iway but i think the connections is directly to the system SAP.

I check the istruction for the ibi manual for r/3 and i create the development class and function group but when i install ibi component not write in the miniSAP???

you have an idea for resolve this problems??

more thanks
stefano
October 22, 2004, 08:55 AM
<Grzegorz>
Stefano,

Unfortunately, I have never tried to configure WebFOCUS with SAP or miniSAP. My previous post was just the supposition, but it is not as easy as I supposed.

I hope someone else on the forum will give you a hint.

Good Luck
Grzegorz
October 23, 2004, 07:13 PM
GCohen
In order to access SAP R3 files as a data source
you have to license this WebFocus option.
Contact your local IBI sales office.