Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Add a line under the field titles

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Add a line under the field titles
 Login/Join

<catelinw>
posted
Developer studio /Report painter

Any one knows how to add a single line between the dield title and data to saparate & add space right under the feild tiltes

Name number amount
--------------------

Admin 2 453
Spec 5 67

Thanks.

Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
Is this what you are looking for:

TYPE=TITLE,BORDER-BOTTOM=MEDIUM,STYLE=-UNDERLINE,$

Posts: 406 | Location: Canada | Registered: May 31, 2004Report This Post
<catelinw>
posted
I am new to the developer studio, I can only use GUI to do simple things,where I can type in your code?

F1 F2 F3 F4

I use Crystal reports a lots, it is really easy to insert a line anywhere I want, It seems I have to type code all the time for the webfocus reports to work.

Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
In the GUI on the bottom left there is a tab names 'Source' you can copy the code in there.

You will need to put the between the following lines:
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
ENDSTYLE

Here is a better example:
TABLE FILE CAR
PRINT
CAR
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
TYPE=TITLE,BORDER-BOTTOM=LIGHT,STYLE=-UNDERLINE,$
ENDSTYLE
END

Posts: 406 | Location: Canada | Registered: May 31, 2004Report This Post
<catelinw>
posted
Thanks Curtis, I tried and did not changes anything, I like your idea , I will try using different stylesheet.

Catelin

Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Unless I am misunderstanding the question, the default stylesheet in Dev Studio underlines all the column titles (in essence, putting a line in between the title and the data.

Also, in the GUI, do the following:

* Highlight the field you want to underline, right click and choose "Options".

* On the Style Tab, Choose Column Title or Data (or Both). Then click Select Font, and you'll see the place to Underline etc.

If you are asking how to add a HORIZONTAL line in a report (separating Titles and Data), try this:

* Select ALL the fields in the report.
* When they are all selected, right click them and choose Options
* Under Active Object, choose Column TITLES, then click Select Borders
* Uncheck "Make all Borders the Same" and then add a Bottom border

Does that help?

<catelinw>
posted
Yes, It worked, I used your second suggestion, selected all columns, put a single line under all of them. I just couldn't find how to do it at first.

Thanks a lot
Catelin

Report This Post