Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Excel pageing across with freeze

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Excel pageing across with freeze
 Login/Join

<dksib>
posted
I am required to create a report that has 31 columns in Excel. It needs to freeze the Column Headinga when you scroll down and be able to go left or right 10 columns with the first 2 columns frozen, using arrow buttons on the bottome of the report display area. Can this be done in WebFocus MRE? At present, I am not allowed to create an excel template for this report. I have been playing with creating reports in HTMLTABLE and using htmlformtype=XLS.

All the help you can give me is greatly appreciated.

David

Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
david, that's a oneclick for the excel enduser, exceeds the capability of FORMAT EXL2K.
If you create a webquery, from Excel, perform the freezepane, and distribute the refreshable webquery, the freezepane will survive the refresh. I quite like that method; and also, as you write selfserves, the end user can create their own refreshable webquery from a report on your site with a simple right click export to excel, freeze their own panes, and refresh their own sheets.

In Focus since 1979///7706m/5 ;wintel 2008/64;OAM security; Oracle db, ///MRE/BID

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Except that the FORMAT EXL2K normally passes the XML output to a browser based Excel plug-in which does not have the capability of "freeze panes".

David,

If you can't get "those that need to be convinced" to see the logic of allowing you to create an Excel Template for this function then you would be better off running the query as a webquery within Excel (as Susannah states). However, if you are not permitted to create a template then are you allowed to create an Excel workbook with Macros and webqueries?

T

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
Another option is to use a template that has an embedded auto_open macro to do formating that WebFOCUS cannot do, i.e. Freeze Pane. I also do this to set page-setup, print margin, headings to repeat at the top, etc.

In FOCUS since 1985. Prod WF 8.0.08 (z90/Suse Linux) DB (Oracle 11g), Self Serv, Report Caster, WebServer Intel/Linux.

Posts: 975 | Location: Oklahoma City | Registered: October 27, 2006Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
jgelona,

That is the advantage of using Excel templates, but if David isn't permitted to use them and he can't get "those that need to open their minds" to see sense then he's well and truly stuck!!

T

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
Tony, I missed the part about not being able to use templates, bummer, and I thought we were behind.

In FOCUS since 1985. Prod WF 8.0.08 (z90/Suse Linux) DB (Oracle 11g), Self Serv, Report Caster, WebServer Intel/Linux.

Posts: 975 | Location: Oklahoma City | Registered: October 27, 2006Report This Post