Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [FOUND WORKAROUND] A report that has AUTOFIT ON cuts off part of the last col.

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[FOUND WORKAROUND] A report that has AUTOFIT ON cuts off part of the last col.
 Login/Join

Virtuoso
posted
Hey all,

Anyone ever run into the issue with trying to use AUTOFIT in a request, and despite such it cutting off part of the last column of data; and then figured out a fix for such?

I would really appreciate help from those of you that may have insights into this predicament.

For now, I've tacked the following COMPUTE on the end to bump the last column to the left a bit:
COMPUTE FAKE/A1 = ' '; AS ''

Unfortunately, these are AHTML reports and I still get a drop-menu arrow for the fake column. Is there a way to turn the menu off per column?? haha

Thanks in advance!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: CoolGuy,

8.2.02M (production), 8.2.02M (test), Windows 10, all outputs.

Posts: 1113 | Location: USA | Registered: January 27, 2015Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
In v8.0.08: "The AUTOFIT parameter automatically resizes HTML5 graphs to fit their containers." Are you embedding HTML5 charts within the AHTML report?

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Francis,

No, these are just reports. No graphs. For some reason AUTOFIT works if the reports are ran in a new window, but don't completely auto fit to the responsive template paneling window size after the user expands the panel to full-screen. Maybe the templating holds the issue.

Thanks though.

Expert
posted Hide Post
According to the doc, AUTOFIT is for charts only.

Can you whip up a fex that illustrates the issue?

Then again, if you're using a "responsive template" then that's beyond my domain, which is v8.0.08.

Is it possible to avoid relying on WebFOCUS so-called responsive templates?

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
It should be for both. It works for both...at least in most cases. But thank you for the clarification.

Any report with enough columns in it would probably have the same issue with these templates. I currently am pretty swamped with various tasks, or I'd run some additional tests to confirm that it is just happening within the template paneling.

No worries, Francis. We've found that adding in the extra column works for us for now. Also, I am in the process of reworking these reports now back into just HTML output while utilizing the tablesaw.js responsive grid functionality instead of the AHTML. Our hopes that this will be better for mobile users since AHTML doesn't render correctly in Safari, etc.

I really appreciate you chiming in though. Hope things are going well on your end with your work!

Take care!