Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CASE-OPENED] Problem with editing MORE

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CASE-OPENED] Problem with editing MORE
 Login/Join

posted
Hi there.

I'm running into a problem with editing a MORE on a report. I'm working with Dev Studio 8001m.

I started with the following case:

TABLE FILE EMPDATA
 PRINT
 EMPDATA.EMPDATA.SALARY
 ON TABLE SET PAGE-NUM NOLEAD

ON TABLE NOTOTAL
 ON TABLE HOLD AS HOLD1 FORMAT ALPHA
 ON TABLE SET HTMLCSS ON
 ON TABLE SET STYLE *
 INCLUDE = endeflt,
 $
 ENDSTYLE
 END
 TABLE FILE EMPLOYEE
 PRINT
 EMPLOYEE.PAYINFO.SALARY
 ON TABLE NOTOTAL
 ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT HTML
 ON TABLE SET HTMLCSS ON
 ON TABLE SET STYLE *
 INCLUDE = endeflt,
 $
 ENDSTYLE
 MORE
 FILE HOLD1
 END

This works as expected. When I re-open it in Developer Studio and select the final report, I see the following as the source:

TABLE FILE EMPLOYEE
 PRINT
 EMPLOYEE.PAYINFO.SALARY
 ON TABLE NOTOTAL
 ON TABLE SET HTMLCSS ON
 ON TABLE SET STYLE *
 INCLUDE = endeflt,
 $
 ENDSTYLE
 MORE
 FILE HOLD1
 END

Again, this is as expected and it works.

However, if I hit the universal concatenation button again and then take any action (click OK, cancel or anything else), when I revisit the source, it has changed:

TABLE FILE HOLD1
 PRINT
 EMPLOYEE.PAYINFO.SALARY
 ON TABLE NOTOTAL
 ON TABLE SET HTMLCSS ON

ON TABLE SET STYLE *
 INCLUDE = endeflt,
 $
 ENDSTYLE
 MORE
 FILE HOLD1
 END

Note that in the first row, the TABLE FILE has changed from EMPLOYEE to HOLD1. I'm now unable to run the report. I can exit the report without saving and it reverts to the correct source, but that's all.

Am I misusing the functionality? Is there something else I should be doing?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Kathryn Henning>,

WebFOCUS 8.0.0.2
Windows, All Outputs

Posts: 27 | Location: Philadelphia, PA | Registered: January 21, 2013Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
"Doctor, it hurts when I do this."

"Then stop doing this."

You have stumbled across a Bug in the editor tool. I humbly recommend you go after changes in this unit by selecting "Edit in Text Editor" and scrolling down to the appropriate section of source code. It's pretty obvious you have a handle on what's going on in the source code so you should be able to make this work to your advantage.

J.

Posts: 1012 | Location: At the Mast | Registered: May 17, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
John,

Thanks for the reply. I wasn't sure if it was a bug or something I was doing wrong. I opened a case about it as well & was sent an example of how MORE should work in response. I wasn't clear if it was user error on my part, so I'm glad to hear that it looks like it was not.

WebFOCUS 8.0.0.2
Windows, All Outputs

Posts: 27 | Location: Philadelphia, PA | Registered: January 21, 2013Report This Post