Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] Excel NOBREAK and CLOSE Compount Report

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] Excel NOBREAK and CLOSE Compount Report
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
I have a multitabbed Excel report where I'm trying to use SET COMPOUND = CLOSE and I also need SET COMPOUND = NOBREAK on the last report in my procedure so that it appears on the same tab as the others, but I cannot get both SETs to work on one report.

Does anyone know how to get the last report in a fex to be both the last one and to appear on the same tab as another?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,

WF 8.2.0.3
Windows 10 64bit
HTML, AHTML, PDF, Excel

Master
posted Hide Post
SET COMPOUND = CLOSE and SET COMPOUND = NOBREAK are conflicting commands. When NOBREAK leaves the connection to the EXCEL file open and tells the report to remain on the same sheet. COMPOUND = CLOSE tells the report to end the "CLOSE" the connection to the excel sheet. You can't be OPEN and CLOSED at the same time. If the behavior you want is for the next report to go onto a new sheet within the same workbook, you want to use SET COMPOUND = OPEN.

Eric Woerle
8.1.05M Gen 913- Reporting Server Unix
8.1.05 Client Unix
Oracle 11.2.0.2

Posts: 750 | Location: Warrenville, IL | Registered: January 08, 2013Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
I guess I'll have to create some type of closing or dummy sheet at the end in order to do what I'm wanting then. Thanks

WF 8.2.0.3
Windows 10 64bit
HTML, AHTML, PDF, Excel

Master
posted Hide Post
Here is an example using CAR of how the different commands are working and what they are doing...

SET COMPOUND = OPEN

TABLE FILE CAR
PRINT CAR
BY COUNTRY
HEADING 
"OPEN COMPOUND"
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT  XLSX
END

TABLE FILE CAR
PRINT SEATS
BY MODEL
HEADING
"NEW SHEET BECAUSE COMPOUND IS STILL OPEN"
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT XLSX
END

SET COMPOUND = NOBREAK
TABLE FILE CAR 
PRINT SALES
BY MODEL
HEADING 
"NEW SHEET, LEAVES SHEET CONNECTION OPEN AFTER REPORT"
END

SET COMPOUND = CLOSE
TABLE FILE CAR
PRINT MODEL
BY CAR
HEADING 
"CLOSE COMPOUND"
"REMAINS ON LAST SHEET BECAUSE NOBREAK LEFT THE SHEET OPEN AT THE END OF THE LAST COMMAND.  CLOSE WILL NOW CLOSE THE XLSX CONNECTION AFTER THIS REPORT
END

TABLE FILE CAR
PRINT RETAIL_COST
BY CAR
HEADING
"WHERE DO I GO?  NOWHERE I GUESS BECAUSE THERE ISN'T AN EXCEL CONNECTION FOR ME"
END  

Eric Woerle
8.1.05 Client Unix
Oracle 11.2.0.2

Posts: 750 | Location: Warrenville, IL | Registered: January 08, 2013Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
capples,

a good way to think of this is that the SET COMPOUND command is telling the report what to do AFTER its done.

OPEN - leave the [format] connection open but end the page
NOBREAK - leave the [format] connection open and stay on the same page
CLOSE - close the [format] connection

Eric Woerle
8.1.05 Client Unix
Oracle 11.2.0.2

Gold member
posted Hide Post
That makes more sense now, your example was perfect. Thanks Eric

WF 8.2.0.3
Windows 10 64bit
HTML, AHTML, PDF, Excel

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Eric

I have same code which works in WF7 but not working in WF8105.
I get message saying file is corrupt and asking to recover any data. Did you notice this?

Thank you.

quote:
Originally posted by eric.woerle:
Here is an example using CAR of how the different commands are working and what they are doing...

SET COMPOUND = OPEN

TABLE FILE CAR
PRINT CAR
BY COUNTRY
HEADING 
"OPEN COMPOUND"
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT  XLSX
END

TABLE FILE CAR
PRINT SEATS
BY MODEL
HEADING
"NEW SHEET BECAUSE COMPOUND IS STILL OPEN"
END

SET COMPOUND = NOBREAK
TABLE FILE CAR 
PRINT SALES
BY MODEL
HEADING 
"NEW SHEET, LEAVES SHEET CONNECTION OPEN AFTER REPORT"
END

SET COMPOUND = CLOSE
TABLE FILE CAR
PRINT MODEL
BY CAR
HEADING 
"CLOSE COMPOUND"
"REMAINS ON LAST SHEET BECAUSE NOBREAK LEFT THE SHEET OPEN AT THE END OF THE LAST COMMAND.  CLOSE WILL NOW CLOSE THE XLSX CONNECTION AFTER THIS REPORT
END

TABLE FILE CAR
PRINT RETAIL_COST
BY CAR
HEADING
"WHERE DO I GO?  NOWHERE I GUESS BECAUSE THERE ISN'T AN EXCEL CONNECTION FOR ME"
END  

WF 8.2.01 APP STUDIO
PDF,HTML,EXL2K,Active

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Hi Bi_Developer

I got the same error you got. I checked my settings under the client administration console. Under Client Settings / General the IBIF_excelservurl is blank and under the redirection settings for xlsx I had to change the redirect setting from no to yes and the error went away.

Thank you for using Focal Point!

Chuck Wolff - Focal Point Moderator
WebFOCUS 7x and 8x, Windows, Linux All output Formats

Posts: 2127 | Location: Customer Support | Registered: April 12, 2005Report This Post