Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] COMPUTE after ACROSS NOPRINT in 7.7.02

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] COMPUTE after ACROSS NOPRINT in 7.7.02
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
I'm having another issue while updating from v7.6.1 to v.7.7.02

In 7.6.1, I have reports that COMPUTE fields after an ACROSS. One of these computed fields is just a "tolerance" calculation for use in conditional styling so I NOPRINT the column. After copying the fex into the 7.7.02 environment, the NOPRINT does not work.

Has anyone run across this problem or know of a solution?

thanks
BobV

2/3/2012: My development team is looking into this. Will post a solution if found.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: BobV,

WF (App Studio) 8.2.01m / Windows
Mainframe FOCUS 8

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Same in 7.7.03M:

DEFINE FILE CAR
CONTINENT/A10 = IF COUNTRY EQ 'JAPAN' THEN 'ASIA' ELSE 'EUROPE';
END
TABLE FILE CAR
SUM DEALER_COST
BY COUNTRY
ACROSS CONTINENT
COMPUTE DONT_SHOW_ME/D12 = 999;  NOPRINT
END

I don't think I've used that before (even in older versions) but we all know what to expect from NOPRINT, don't we?

Prod/Dev: WF Server 8008/Win 2008 - WF Client 8008/Win 2008 - Dev. Studio: 8008/Windows 7 - DBMS: Oracle 11g Rel 2
Test: Dev. Studio 8008 /Windows 7 (Local) Output:HTML, EXL2K.

Gold member
posted Hide Post
njsden,
I have the NOPRINT after the ACROSS...COMPUTE but it does not NOPRINT

Even if I use the sample code from CAR that you posted, it does not work.

Does anyone know if there is a new SET command that's needed?

I might need to add a step to hold off initial data, then do a DEFINE and COMPUTE without the ACROSS. That kind of defeats the purpose of some of the power in WF to report in as few steps as possible.

-BobV

Mainframe FOCUS 8

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
quote:
Even if I use the sample code from CAR that you posted, it does not work.

Exactly BobV! That's what I intended to illustrate with the example. The odd behaviour you reported sadly occurs in 7.7.03M as well.

Even though we all know what NOPRINT should do, WebFOCUS is not following the expected behaviour in this case Frowner

Have you opened a case with IBI? this definitely has the characteristics of a bug.

Prod/Dev: WF Server 8008/Win 2008 - WF Client 8008/Win 2008 - Dev. Studio: 8008/Windows 7 - DBMS: Oracle 11g Rel 2

Gold member
posted Hide Post
Oh sorry. I thought you said it worked in 7.7.03

No, I have not opened a case. But I suppose it's worth the while.

Mainframe FOCUS 8

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
BobV,

I don't know what the rules for your "tolerance" field are but if they can be calculated at the last BY-field level (excluding the ACROSS ones) you may probably do this in a multi-verb request.

DEFINE FILE CAR
CONTINENT/A10 = IF COUNTRY EQ 'JAPAN' THEN 'ASIA' ELSE 'EUROPE';
END
TABLE FILE CAR
SUM
COMPUTE FLAG/A1 = EDIT(COUNTRY, '9'); NOPRINT
BY COUNTRY NOPRINT
SUM
     DEALER_COST
BY COUNTRY
ACROSS CONTINENT
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
TYPE=DATA, BACKCOLOR=YELLOW, WHEN=C1 EQ 'E', $
TYPE=DATA, BACKCOLOR=GREEN, WHEN=C1 EQ 'J', $
ENDSTYLE
END

It still requires more than one step but at least you can avoid HOLDing and joining back to access your field for special formatting.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: njsden,