Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED]& in a URL how to?

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED]& in a URL how to?
 Login/Join

Expert
posted
&| doesn't work.
I've got a link to an external site, and that link has an & in it.
so,
TYPE=DATA,URL=.....
doesn't work.
Piping the & doesn't work
creating another &var with the whole url in it, piped or not, doesn't work.
Putting an entire anchor tag is a heading doesn't work, (looks at the left_anchor a and expects to skip some lines Smiler )

Syntax wizards... help!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Emily McAllister>,

In Focus since 1979///7706m/5 ;wintel 2008/64;OAM security; Oracle db, ///MRE/BID

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
&| worked for me. Here's the style code I used to have column N1 data produce the hyperlink:
TYPE=DATA,
     COLUMN=N1,
     URL=http://test&|.com,
          TARGET='_blank',
$

Produces http://test&.com

WF 8.2.0.3
Windows 10 64bit
HTML, AHTML, PDF, Excel

Expert
posted Hide Post
hello capples....thanks for giving it a go...

the & are in parms, actually. so they follow the url location , etc.

I got it to work by using a redirect
and I discovered something I didn't know...
-DEFAULT &myparm = &myparm ;
as nuts as that sounds, its very helpful at the top of the fex, where you're going to use &myparm as a parm in a link.
Allows the redirect to work,
but still can't get a URL= to work.

In Focus since 1979///7706m/5 ;wintel 2008/64;OAM security; Oracle db, ///MRE/BID

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
If all else fails, just stick it in a define/compute field and reference that in the URL in the stylesheet

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
We use the WF StyleSheet URL parm to create links to external websites, though we perhaps more often create HTML anchor tags in DEFINE/COMPUTEs.

Here is an WF StyleSheet URL example, with parms to be passed, and one of the parm values is an amper with a '&':
-DEFAULTH &PARM2 = 'AT&T'
TABLE FILE CAR
PRINT CAR
IF RECORDLIMIT EQ 1
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
 TYPE=DATA,
  COLUMN=CAR,
  URL=http://httpbin.org/response-headers?( \
   PARM1='Time Warner' \
   PARM2='&PARM2' \
   PARMCAR=CAR \
  ),
$
ENDSTYLE
END 

This message has been edited. Last edited by: David Briars,

Expert
posted Hide Post
thanks everybody
I'm not passing a parm
I'm passing an &
(not going to wf, going to BO)
funny, Jeff Shein gave me the exact same example..
the key in his example was
-DEFAULTH &someparm = &someparm ;
[which , interstingly enuf, obviated the prompting.]
I got it to work with a redirect