Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] MRE-generated launch page: SELECT box size

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] MRE-generated launch page: SELECT box size
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
Our (7.6.2) installation uses MRE to generate some launch pages. After I publish a simple page, the default multi-SELECT box size is 3 (with over 100 values available), which is a major pain for our users.

The generated page is 99% javascript, which I can sort of navigate through but I see no reference to the creation of the SELECT box. It must be hiding in some other file in some unseen directory, I'm guessing.

All I want to do is put a size="10" into the SELECT.

Any clues out there?

Thanks!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

WebFOCUS 8105
Windows;
DB2, UDB, SQL Server, Oracle
FOCUS-WebFOCUS since 1981

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
If you created this launch page in HTML Layout painter, you should be able to set the size attribute on the

Posts: 203 | Registered: November 19, 2007Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
I did not use the painter. Just hand-coded within MRE.

Gives me a thought, though. I'll use the painter and try to see where the SIZE parameter end up.

Thx.

WebFOCUS 8105
Windows;

Expert
posted Hide Post
that should do it.
it always helps to have Microsoft Front Page around, or Expressions, for quick context checking.

In Focus since 1979///7706m/5 ;wintel 2008/64;OAM security; Oracle db, ///MRE/BID

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Found the bottleneck.

The MRE-generated javascript calls an IBI js member - (ibi_html\javaassist\ibi\html\describe\APHTMLGen.js) which transforms the MRE javascript into HTML for display. That transforming code has a 'SIZE = 3' embedded in it.

I won't change this member, as it is part of the base install and would impact other MRE members. So, I'll make a copy, change the SIZE parameter and call that instead.

Thanks for you help!

WebFOCUS 8105
Windows;

Expert
posted Hide Post
ohh. brilliant.

In Focus since 1979///7706m/5 ;wintel 2008/64;OAM security; Oracle db, ///MRE/BID

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post
<JJI>
posted
Microfish,

Indeed ibi_html\javaassist\ibi\html\describe\APHTMLGen.js is the place where you should/can change this. At every new installation/upgrade I change this size to 5 instead of the default 3. Also the font size can be changed in :

Aanpassen look autoprompt parameters
Drive:\ibi\WebFOCUS71\ibi_html\javaassist\ibi\html\describe\autoprompt.css

.selectLabel {
color: black;
background-color: lavender;
font-weight: bold;
font-size: 10px; --> the default is 14
border-top:solid 1px black;
}

.paramControl {
position: relative;
width: 100%;
font-size: 10px; --> the default is 14

}

You can also automaticly check the checkbox 'Run in a new window'.  This way the report is returned in a new window by default.  My users like this better.

Check the checkbox 'Run in a new window' by default:
drive:\ibi\WebFOCUS71\ibi_html\javaassist\ibi\html\describe\autoprompt.xsl

function onLoadDescribeForm( )
                {
//add the following line
                -->    document.WFDescribeForm.reportTarget.checked=true; <--
                    document.WFDescribeForm.AmperStaticMulti.disabled=true;
                    document.WFDescribeForm.AmperDynamicMulti.disabled=true;
                    document.WFDescribeForm.AmperAcceptMulti.disabled=true;
                    with( document.WFDescribeForm )

Bear in mind that this is for WF 7.1.7. For higher version the technique stays the same only the jsp or css file can differ a little.

Hope this helps to get a better view of your autoprompt page.

Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Focal Point cats are the coolest!

WebFOCUS 8105
Windows;