Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     (SOLVED) Multiple Reports in 1 Excel Template

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
(SOLVED) Multiple Reports in 1 Excel Template
 Login/Join

Master
posted
I have a detail report that uses an EXL2K Template. Report works fine. I have a request to add a simple summary report. I've tried several things and nothing works. For example, this does not work:
TABLE FILE CAR
PRINT CAR MODEL
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT EXL2K TEMPLATE TEST1 SHEETNUMBER 1
END
TABLE FILE CAR
PRINT MODEL CAR
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT EXL2K TEMPLATE TEST1 SHEETNUMBER 2
END

I don't get any errors but only SHEETNUMBER 1 is produced.

I also tried named ranges but that doesn't help. All that seems to happen there is the WF creates a named range, it does not place the report in a predefined named range that already exists in the template.

I also found this on IBI's website, but it does not work, it does not use a template.

How to produce multiple requests on one EXL2K Template.

If I could get both reports on sheet 1, then within the macro, I could cut and paste it to sheet 2.

Anyone know how to get 2 separate reports into one template?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: jgelona,

In FOCUS since 1985. Prod WF 8.0.08 (z90/Suse Linux) DB (Oracle 11g), Self Serv, Report Caster, WebServer Intel/Linux.

Posts: 975 | Location: Oklahoma City | Registered: October 27, 2006Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Only the last output should use PCHOLD, the interim ones should HOLD to a predefined web archive file

T

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
Tony, thanks for the reply but when I do this:
TABLE FILE CAR
PRINT CAR MODEL
ON TABLE HOLD FORMAT EXL2K TEMPLATE TEST1 SHEETNUMBER 1
END
TABLE FILE CAR
PRINT MODEL CAR
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT EXL2K TEMPLATE TEST1 SHEETNUMBER 2
END

Only SHEETNUMBER 2 has data, SHEETNUMBER 1 is blank. Just for the record, my template file has 3 worksheets and each worksheet has a blank in cell A1.

In FOCUS since 1985. Prod WF 8.0.08 (z90/Suse Linux) DB (Oracle 11g), Self Serv, Report Caster, WebServer Intel/Linux.

Posts: 975 | Location: Oklahoma City | Registered: October 27, 2006Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
jg,

The output of the first HOLD should be a temporary .mht file which you will have to FILEDEF and use as input to your second pass.

FILEDEF tempmht DISK tempmht.mht
-RUN
TABLE FILE CAR
PRINT CAR MODEL
ON TABLE HOLD AS tempmht FORMAT EXL2K TEMPLATE TEST1 SHEETNUMBER 1
END
TABLE FILE CAR
PRINT MODEL CAR
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT EXL2K TEMPLATE tempmht SHEETNUMBER 2
END

T

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
Tony, that works. Thanks very much.

Master
posted Hide Post
Else, you can use EXL2K OPEN CLOSE NOBREAK to get mutiple sheets in same excel file.

Thanks

HTML,PDF,EXL2K, Active, All

Posts: 484 | Registered: February 03, 2009Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
Enigma, thanks for the reply, but OPEN/CLOSE does not work with Templates. From what I have been able to find, at least in 7.1.3, what Tony shows above is the only way to get it to work.