Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOVLED] SQL SQLMSS EX... does not return output

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOVLED] SQL SQLMSS EX... does not return output
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
I am using the following code in WebFOCUS 7.7.03. &FOCREL in development returned R727703B, production returned M727703D.

-SET &DocId = '12345678901';
-SET &MessageType = 'A01';
-DEFAULT &HistDate = '';
-DEFAULT &HistRandame = '';

SET SQLENGINE = SQLMSS
ENGINE SQLMSS SET DEFAULT_CONNECTION CORR
SQL SQLMSS
EX dbo.usp_UpdateEMRData '&DocId', '&MessageType', '&HistDate', '&HistRandom';

-*Read data from sql into temporary file
TABLE FILE SQLOUT
PRINT *
ON TABLE HOLD AS HDATA FORMAT ALPHA
END

TABLE FILE HDATA
PRINT *
END

In my development environment this works 100% of the time. In my production environment this works 0% of the time. The stored procedure inserts data into 4 different tables and then returns 5 or 6 fields that I need to use to create a flat file. The sql stored procedure gets executed in both environments and the data is added to the database. However TABLE FILE SQL OUT returns 0 records in production, 1 record in development. I suspect this is a configuration issue, but have not idea where to start.

Executing the stored procedure directly in ssms always produces the output. I have tried executing my fex from both the console and within my maintain application, with the same results.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Deana,

WebFOCUS 7.6.8 and 7.7.03; Windows Server 2003 R2 and Windows Server 2008 R2, respectively; Development environments - Windows Server 2003 R2 and Windows 7 Professional, respectively;
excel, html, pdf

Expert
posted Hide Post
-SET &DocId = '12345678901';
-SET &MessageType = 'A01';
-DEFAULT &HistDate = '';
-DEFAULT &HistRandame = '';

SET SQLENGINE = SQLMSS
SQL SQLMSS
END

-*Read data from sql into temporary file
TABLE FILE SQLOUT
PRINT *
ON TABLE HOLD AS HDATA FORMAT ALPHA
END

TABLE FILE HDATA
PRINT *
END

Tom Flynn
WebFOCUS 8.1.05 - PROD/QA
DB2 - AS400 - Mainframe

Posts: 1972 | Location: Centennial, CO | Registered: January 31, 2006Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Starting with the obvious, do you have an adapter configured on your production server named CORR?

T

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
quote:
SET SQLENGINE = SQLMSS
SQL SQLMSS
END

Yes Tom.. You are right. The END plays the trick here. I have faced similar issue when executing a stored proc from WF and END played the trick.

Thanks,

Ramkumar.
WebFOCUS/Tableau
Webfocus 8 / 7.7.02
Unix, Windows
HTML/PDF/EXCEL/AHTML/XML/HTML5

Posts: 394 | Location: Chennai | Registered: December 02, 2009Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Tony A... Yes, the connection is named correctly. (Thank you though, as often times it is the obvious that gets me).

Tom Flynn and Ramkumar... adding END after the EX statement did not fix the problem. It did however lead me to the solution as it printed out the master for the sqlout file. My first 4 fields returned were varchar(1200) in sql and therefore converted to text. I moved the text fields to the end of the line and moved the end statement prior to the EX statement (which is where I had it originally and had removed during my debugging). After I moved the end, I received FOC1400 and FOC1407. A previous post recommended adding ENGINE SQLMSS SET CONVERSION LONGCHAR ALPHA.

So the solution was to part.
ADD 'ENGINE SQLMSS SET CONVERSION LONGCHAR ALPHA' before the EX statement.
Move the text fields to the end of the output file.

Thank you very much for your assistance!

WebFOCUS 7.6.8 and 7.7.03; Windows Server 2003 R2 and Windows Server 2008 R2, respectively; Development environments - Windows Server 2003 R2 and Windows 7 Professional, respectively;
excel, html, pdf