On Friday, I developed some tables with a user-selected output type of HTML and Excel as choices in the dropdown listing.
Everything worked inside AppStudio on Friday.
On Monday, the HTML type no longer worked although the Excel type worked without incident.
There were no changes to the code. The code seems to break with the EVAL function.
Does anyone have thoughts?This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,
Do you get an error? What doesn't work?
WebFOCUS 8206, Unix, Windows
Does the code still ran under the same version 8105 ?
I know that some stuff that was running okay under 8105 does not anymore under 8204 such as some specific cases where .EVAL is used
Please share your code and sql traces if possible
WF versions : Prod 18.104.22.168M gen 240, Dev 8.2.04 gen 48, OS : Windows, DB : MSSQL, Outputs : HTML, Excel, PDF
In Focus since 2007
Does this work in your environment?
-SET &WFFMT = &WFFMT.(<'Web Page',HTML>,<Excel,XLSX>).Select Report Output.; TABLE FILE car SUM SALES BY COUNTRY BY CAR ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT &WFFMT.EVAL END
I think we need more information.
Can you post your code ?
Is this related to HTMLFORMTYPE ?
I appreciate the replies. I no longer think this is a coding issue as it occurs with some older fexes that do not use the .EVAL function. It seem as if no matter what table I go to, I experience the same behavior. I have started a case with IBI to see if we can narrow down the issue.
While I work with IBI on the case (and I know many IBI employees are traveling home from Summit 2019), I thought I'd post additional information.
I have tables inside AppStudio, some of which are newly created and some of which have existed for quite some time. One set utilizes .EVAL; one set does not utilize .EVAL. In fact, the second set of tables is quite simple.
The tables all ran inside AppStudio on Friday, May 31. The tables were linked to HTML documents.
On Monday, June 3, I ran the same tables inside AppStudio. None of the tables will render in HTML format; however, they will render and download in Excel format without incident.
What's peculiar is that all tables render inside the portal admin and online for us. Additionally, our graphs and charts render inside HTML documents inside AppStudio without incident.
There were three updates made to our environment on Friday. They all seem to be Windows Server updates.
I'm curious if anyone has experienced any odd behavior with Windows updates and AppStudio. In the meantime, I'm going to post some additional information to my case.
|Powered by Social Strata|