Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] Auto-Launch Standalone Domain Tree

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] Auto-Launch Standalone Domain Tree
 Login/Join

Guru
posted
Hi,

I'd like to have the Standalone Domain Tree launch in its own window when a user logs on to the Dashboard. I found the following code in
C:\ibi\WebFOCUS76\ibi_html\javaassist\worp\js\worp_TableControl.js
 function doStandaloneTree() {
  var standalone = activeComponent == null ? "DOMAIN_LIST" : activeComponent;
  var queryHandler = new QueryHandler(null);
      queryHandler.setEventHandler(actionHandler);
      queryHandler.append("WORP_REQUEST_TYPE", "WORP_STANDALONE_TREE");
  openWindowById(queryHandler.getQueryString(), "standalone_tree");
} 

I tried adding it to the window_onload() event of the 'welcome' page in the dashboard but it doesn't do anything.

I don't really know what I'm doing with javascript so please tell me if I'm off my rocker in thinking that this should work. Otherwise, can you tell me what I am missing?

Thanks!

Dan

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Dan Pinault,

7.7.05M/7.7.03 HF6 on Windows Server 2003 SP2 output to whatever is required.

Posts: 393 | Location: St. Paul, MN | Registered: November 06, 2007Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
I guess I tried making this too difficult. This is what I added that worked...
 window.open("https://servername:portnumber/ibi_apps/Controller?WORP_REQUEST_TYPE=WORP_STANDALONE_TREE", "Report_Tree", "toolbar=0,scrollbars=0,location=0,statusbar=0,menubar=0,resizable=0,width=200,height=600"); 

So now my question is how do I close the popup window when the opener window is closed?

Posts: 393 | Location: St. Paul, MN | Registered: November 06, 2007Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
Well, after much searching and experimenting, it works!

Here is what I did...
Add this to the HEAD section of the HTML page
 <script language="JavaScript" type="text/JavaScript" src="/ibi_html/javaassist/worp/js/util/worp_popup-window-manager.js"></script> 

Add this to the window_onload function...
 openWindowById('https://bi.powersys.com:8443/ibi_apps/Controller?WORP_REQUEST_TYPE=WORP_STANDALONE_TREE', 'standalone_tree'); 

Add this to the window_onunload function...
 closeAllOpenedWindows(); 

Hope this is useful for someone.

Cheers!

Dan

Expert
posted Hide Post
Well done Dan!! A great example of thrashing through code and trying to understand it even though, by your own admission, JavaScript is still a new subject for you. As you know, the old ways are sometimes still the best.

Even posting your eventual solution - a very commendable act! Smiler

Perhaps our "PAW" members will see that by dogged determination we can sometimes answer our own questions if we put in the effort - and help others too.

T

PAW - Post And Wait

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the compliment Tony.

I always try to post the solution or workaraound to a topic if possible. It drives me crazy when you read threads where people throw out all sorts of suggestions but you never learn what actually worked in the end!

Anyway, I discovered a flaw in my method. Since I am opening the tree from within a content block of a specific tab, the tree window closes if you navigate away from that specific tab (i.e. to another tab). I really want the tree window open throughout the entire dashboard session.

I tried moving the same code to the banner.html page but it's not working. Firefox is OK with it but IE keeps telling me an object is expected. I just don't know what object to put in front of the openWindowByID function.

Do you know how I can determine the object name of the banner frame/page or of some other element that is open during the entire dashboard session?

Thanks,

Dan

Guru
posted Hide Post
Good news for me. It turns out my method IS working. However, I had Internet Explorer v8 on my machine. Not only did this cause an issue with the Standalone Tree Window closing prematurely, it was causing all sorts of other issues like not inserting the event code for buttons in the HTML Composer, giving me errors when I try to run Advanced Graph Assist from DevStudio, memory read errors when closing DevStudio and probably others that I hadn't discovered yet.

The bottom line - stay away from IE8 if you can. Besides, it's not officially supported for DevStudio yet! Music

Cheers,

Dan