Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SHARING] Dynamic tabbing in Dashboard finally possible!!

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SHARING] Dynamic tabbing in Dashboard finally possible!!
 Login/Join

<wf_person>
posted
Finally a solution which will enable dynamic tabbing feature in Dashboard. A very simple feature to configure. I will let the video do the talking.

http://www.vimeo.com/12662085

Enjoy

Regards

http://www.techsolutionnow.com

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Sounds interesting. How does one go about getting access to the private video?

Release 7.7.03,
Windows platform,
Excel, PDF, HTML,Active Reports, Active/Flex,

Posts: 25 | Location: Michigan, USA | Registered: May 09, 2008Report This Post
<wf_person>
posted
If you had not notified me then I would have never guessed my video was in private mode. I thank you. I just made it public. Hopefully it works. Enjoy!

Regards

RD

Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
same question.
nothing seems to show, or happen.

In Focus since 1979///7706m/5 ;wintel 2008/64;OAM security; Oracle db, ///MRE/BID

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post
<wf_person>
posted
I just tried viewing the video link and I was able to view it just fine. I even tried running it from my friend's pc and it worked there also. Could it be something with your system?

Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Video did not work for me. Sound is there but the viewing area is cut in half and nothing happens.

WF 7703M, XP/Win7, MRE, RC, BID, PMF, HTML, PDF, Excel 2000/7/10

Posts: 73 | Location: NY | Registered: February 06, 2007Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Same Happening here.....Sound is there...but not able to full screen of the video...able to see only half screen...in that also noting moves...only dispaying "Dynamic Dashboard". Frowner

WebFocus7.6.2, WebFocus 7.1.1,Windows
HTML, PDF and Excel

Expert
posted Hide Post
guy must be a cognos salesman Big Grin

In Focus since 1979///7706m/5 ;wintel 2008/64;OAM security; Oracle db, ///MRE/BID

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Too Funny!! Need to hit the Play arrow on the left, then, go to the 4:35 mark. He talks for the 1st 4 minutes...

Basically, he is editing the usr.xml(I think, very hard to see) and hard-coding user id's and what tabs they see:

<user>
  <userid=wf_userid</userid>
  <groupview=ab_123_whatever</groupview>
  <visibletabs=Tab1|Tab2|Tab3</visibletabs>
</user>

He is a consultant, selling his services...

IMO, maintenance nightmare...

Tom Flynn
WebFOCUS 8.1.05 - PROD/QA
DB2 - AS400 - Mainframe

Posts: 1972 | Location: Centennial, CO | Registered: January 31, 2006Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Tom, where is the usr.xml ??
i've got user_preferences.xml all over the place, but don't know where the usr.xml would be...

Expert
posted Hide Post
Hi Susannah,

I can't find it either. At the end of his video, he says to contact him for the code at www.techsolutionnow.com.

It may be viable for a very small company, but, I don't see how it is viable anywhere else...

I may be incorrect, but, "I" am not interested...

Tom Flynn
WebFOCUS 8.1.05 - PROD/QA
DB2 - AS400 - Mainframe

Posts: 1972 | Location: Centennial, CO | Registered: January 31, 2006Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
thanks Tom,
its supposed to be a new feature anyway, i remember Brian Suter talking about it at a user conference last year.
Based on the agita with the demo, i agree w/ you.

<wf_person>
posted
Thanks everyone for viewing the video and sorry to those who weren’t able to view it at all or just half way through. Honestly I tried launching it from different computes but just didn't face any issues. The default size of the video player is kind of small but there is full screen option. Please check if your machine is running the up-to-date version required by the player.

Anyway I wasn't hoping to see the comments received but I respect everyone’s opinion. My solution was out of my frustration with dashboard lacking dynamic tabbing. So I took it upon me to figure something out and I did!!! Understood version 8 supports dynamic tabbing but today, based off my extensive search, there is no solution for this feature in version 7.x and less. If you know of any please do share and I am not talking about creating multiple dashboards for all the different tab combinations.

About selling this instead of giving it away why not sell it. It took me long hours to get this to solution to work for a feature which is on a lot of dashboard admin's wish list. I feel for the time and labor behind it, it is absolutely fair for me to sell it. Wouldn’t you DO IT!!
Anyway to finish my comment, this feature works great… I was able to sell it to few customers, and they are reaping the benefits. I wish you all the best.

Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
not here.