Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] WF8 -- How on Earth Do I Manage a Group?

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] WF8 -- How on Earth Do I Manage a Group?
 Login/Join

Virtuoso
posted
Sorry for the silly question, but I've done Groups from 4.3.5 through 7.7.03M and the transition to 8 is proving a bit tricky. I want to give a new group access to a couple of "domains" which are now called Content. Where on Earth do I do that? The documentation goes on for pages without going into it and I can't figure out a search to find what I'm looking for. I've clicked every button I can find and can't seem to figure out this basic piece of information.

J.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Kathryn Henning>,

Posts: 1012 | Location: At the Mast | Registered: May 17, 2007Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
This is a bit tricky for sure. The best way I found was to use the Resource Template and create an Enterprise Domain. This will create the content folder, the portal, and the group with roles in them.

From there you can assign users to the roles in the groups.

I am no expert by all means. I just did this to provide access to users to be able to run portals.

The Resource Template that creates the group will also assign 4 roles to the group (AdvancedUsers, BasicUsers,Developers, and GroupAdmins) To view what each role can do, you can go into the security center and click on rolels and edit the roles to see the permissions.

Good luck!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: MattC,

WebFOCUS 8.1.05

<Emily Duensing>
posted
John_Edwards,

Did you migrate your Managed Reporting environment from 7.x to 8.x? Or, are you starting from scratch?

You manage groups via the Security Center available from the Administration link on the Welcome page once you have signed into WebFOCUS and have the right privileges to do Administration things.

From the Content tree, you can then select the domain that you want to give those groups access to, right-click and select Security --> Rules. You then select the group that you want to give the privileges to, and select the Role (just a group of privileges) that you need to apply to them.

Of course, this is all complicated by whether you migrated, or started from scratch, or used the Resource Templates to create your domains, etc.

Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
Yes Emily is right.

First please tell us, where do you have issue?

1) Migration from 77 to 80
2) Started from scratch
3) used the resource template to create your domain.

The 3rd approach should be pretty simple than the first one but IBI did a good job on putting most of the things in the settings.

WFConsultant

WF 8105M on Win7/Tomcat

Posts: 780 | Location: Florida | Registered: January 09, 2005Report This Post