Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [Submitting NFR] SAVE AS "Name"

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[Submitting NFR] SAVE AS "Name"
 Login/Join

Guru
posted
I have searched Focal Point for a solution to this item:

We have stylesheet settings such as the line below:

ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT XLSX OPEN AS 'Return_Reject_&DATEMtDYY'
ON TABLE SET HTMLEMBEDIMG ON
ON TABLE SET HTMLCSS ON

The naming works great except that the output name is all lower case:
return_reject_sep 4, 2018.xlsx

Is there some way to make the output name appear in mixed case, e.g.:

Return_Reject_Sep 4, 2018.xlsx

TIA to the FOCUS nation,
Sandy

This message has been edited. Last edited by: S.J. Kadish,

Sandy Kadish
Dev: 8.2.04- PostgreSQL
Test: 8.2.04 - PostgreSQL
Prod: 8.2.04 - PostgreSQL

Posts: 238 | Location: Atlanta, GA/Rehovot, Israel | Registered: May 06, 2003Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Interesting... If this turns into a NFR, then requested mixed case names.

Posts: 3132 | Location: Tennessee, Nashville area | Registered: February 23, 2005Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Doug.
Let's see if anybody else tunes in.

Thanks,

Sandy

Posts: 238 | Location: Atlanta, GA/Rehovot, Israel | Registered: May 06, 2003Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
I can do this with a HOLD and FILEDEF but it's really not the same as PCHOLD.

-SET &NAME='c:\Return_Reject_';
-SET &EXT='.XLSX';
FILEDEF HOLD DISK '&NAME&DATEMtDYY&EXT'
TABLE FILE CAR
PRINT CAR BY COUNTRY
ON TABLE HOLD FORMAT XLSX 
END

WebFOCUS 8206, Unix, Windows

Posts: 1853 | Location: New York City | Registered: December 30, 2015Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
I don't like your chances.

I would suggest asking TechSupport, as its WebFOCUS Client that returns the report to the browser.

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
I appreciate everyone's responses and will keep the thread open for a few more days.

Sandy

Master
posted Hide Post
Sandy, are you a Linux/UNIX shop? If so, do your settings have SET FILECASE = LOWER? If so, I believe that will set all file names to lower case no matter how you name them in a fex. Here's what the documentation says:

FILECASE - Both UNIX and WebFOCUS support uppercase, lowercase, and mixed-case file names and directories. Since lowercase is the default in UNIX environments, WebFOCUS offers a way to automatically convert file names and directories to lowercase.

The syntax is:
SET FILECASE = {ACTUAL|LOWER}

where:
ACTUAL
Retains file names in uppercase, lowercase, or mixed-case, exactly as they are entered. When this setting is used, WebFOCUS looks for file names exactly as they are entered (uppercase, lowercase, or mixed-case).
LOWER
Converts uppercase or mixed-case names to lowercase. When this setting is used, WebFOCUS looks for file names in lowercase.

What the command doesn't say is what the default is. I would guess it depends on your system.

You may want to try SET FILECASE = ACTUAL or ON TABLE SET FILECASE ACTUAL in your fex.

In FOCUS since 1985. Prod WF 8.0.08 (z90/Suse Linux) DB (Oracle 11g), Self Serv, Report Caster, WebServer Intel/Linux.

Posts: 975 | Location: Oklahoma City | Registered: October 27, 2006Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Docs state that default is lowercase.

Also, it cannot be set temporarily i.e. ON TABLE SET FILECASE is invalid.

On my windows install SET FILECASE = ACTUAL results in all uppercase filename.

T

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
SET FILECASE = ACTUAL returned "RETURN_REJECT_SEP 5, 2018" (all caps) just as Tony noted. I will run this past our team because upper case might be preferable to lower case.

I will keep the thread open because there have been such great responses.

Sandy Kadish
Dev: 8.2.04- PostgreSQL
Test: 8.2.04 - PostgreSQL
Prod: 8.2.04 - PostgreSQL

Expert
posted Hide Post
quote:
SET FILECASE = ACTUAL

Wow, on my linux installation, this stopped the CAR file from working.

I guess it defines the case of the files you work with, including FOCUS files.

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Any news on this?

Posts: 1012 | Location: At the Mast | Registered: May 17, 2007Report This Post