Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] Dynamic Security Question on Synonym

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] Dynamic Security Question on Synonym
 Login/Join

Silver Member
posted
Good Morning!

I am attempting to set up dynamic security on a synonym that we will be using for infoassist.

Basically, a WEBFOCUS should only have access to certain RepNumbers. We want to have a stored procedure that will be passed the WEBFOCUS user id and lock down the synonym to those rep numbers.

Here is what I have so far.

END
DBA=DBA, $
USER=, ACCESS=R, RESTRICT=VALUE_WHERE, NAME=SYSTEM, VALUE=REP.REPNUMBER IN FILE synonym1.ANSWERSET1.REPNUMBER;, $

Synonym1 is master that is a stored procedure. When I hooked it up to a report I get this error message.

0 ERROR AT OR NEAR LINE 1 IN PROCEDURE Report1.fexFOCEXEC *
(FOC351) INPUT FILE NOT ALLOCATED: synonym1.ANSWERSET1.REPNUMBER
(FOC009) INCOMPLETE REQUEST STATEMENT
BYPASSING TO END OF COMMAND

I feel like I am close but am missing something. Thoughts?

Thanks for your help in advance

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Tamra,

WebFOCUS 8
Windows, All Outputs

Posts: 49 | Location: United States | Registered: April 21, 2015Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
A helpful diagnostic test would be to see if the master works when you hardcode VALUE=.

Doc says: "The test is an expression supported in a WHERE phrase." You could see if this would work as a where test in a report just to make sure it behaves the way you expect.

Also, I'm pretty sure this syntax for WHERE compares a field with the values in a temp file. For instance, if you try this code HOLD will contain ENGLAND and JAPAN and when you test against HOLD you only get cars from those two countries.

TABLE FILE CAR
BY COUNTRY
WHERE COUNTRY EQ 'ENGLAND' OR 'JAPAN';
ON TABLE HOLD
END
TABLE FILE CAR
SUM RCOST
BY CAR
WHERE COUNTRY IN FILE HOLD
END

This message has been edited. Last edited by: BabakNYC,

WebFOCUS 8206, Unix, Windows

Posts: 1853 | Location: New York City | Registered: December 30, 2015Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Yes, when I hard code the values to a static set of numbers it works as intended.

Can I initiate a hold file inside of synonym? I guess that is my question is how do I have the file created so I can then reference it in my DBA.

WebFOCUS 8
Windows, All Outputs

Posts: 49 | Location: United States | Registered: April 21, 2015Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
The best approach would be to use a master file profile. Look it up in the doc. Syntax is FILE = filename, SUFFIX = suffix, MFD_PROFILE = app/fexname,$

WebFOCUS 8206, Unix, Windows

Posts: 1853 | Location: New York City | Registered: December 30, 2015Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
quote:
VALUE=REP.REPNUMBER IN FILE synonym1.ANSWERSET1.REPNUMBER

This Post might be better served in the WebFOCUS forum if it relates to processes outside of specifically InfoAssist reporting.

Here is a link that looks similar to what you are trying to do with example.

Master file DBA
Note the DBA security and the VALUE=DIV EQ (HOLDDIV),$

The above is a HOLD file that has been created within the MFD_Profile fex

Please review - Creating and Using a Master File Profile

Creating and Using a Master File Profile

Thank your for participating in the Focal Point Forum,
Tamra Colangelo
Focal Point Moderator
Information Builders

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Tamra,

WebFOCUS 8x - BI Portal, Developer Studio, App Studio, Excel, PDF, Active Formats and HTML5

Posts: 487 | Location: Toronto | Registered: June 23, 2009Report This Post