Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] server error

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] server error
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
Hello,
I'm shooting in the dark here, but when I run this:

TABLE FILE MYACCTSUM4
PRINT COMPANY_CODE FISCAL_YEAR FISCAL_PERIOD COST_CENTER ACCOUNT ACCT_DESCRIPTION TYPE
ATTRIBUTE ATTRIBUTE_VALUE ACT_DOLLARS BUD_DOLLARS
ON TABLE HOLD AS MYACCTSUM FORMAT ALPHA
END
-RUN
MODIFY FILE DMACCT_SUM
FIXFORM FROM MYACCTSUM
MATCH COMPANY_CODE FISCAL_YEAR FISCAL_PERIOD COST_CENTER ACCOUNT TYPE
ON MATCH UPDATE ACCT_DESCRIPTION ATTRIBUTE ATTRIBUTE_VALUE ACT_DOLLARS BUD_DOLLARS
ON NOMATCH INCLUDE
DATA ON MYACCTSUM
END
-RUN

I get this error:

Unknown error occurred. Agent on reporting server EDASERVE may have crashed. Please investigate reporting server log.

Does anybody know how I can get around this? Do you know how to get to the reporting server log?

Thanks!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mark1,

Windows version 768

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
It usually means that there is some error (not necessarily syntax) that is causing the agent to crash so it won't even return an error code. One guess is that it may not like the field called TYPE. That's a reserved word for master files. - Just a guess. Try commenting out field until you figure out which field (or piece of code) is causing the problem.

Regards,

Darin

In FOCUS since 1991
WF Server: 7.7.04 on Linux and Z/OS, ReportCaster, Self-Service, MRE, Java, Flex
Data: DB2/UDB, Adabas, SQL Server Output: HTML,PDF,EXL2K/07, PS, AHTML, Flex
WF Client: 77 on Linux w/Tomcat

Posts: 2298 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah | Registered: February 02, 2007Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
To access the reporting server log, edaprint.log, using the console which is usually http://servername:8121, log in as an admin, go to Workspace/Diagnostics/Server Log. On disk, this file is located here: \WebFOCUS\ibi\srv76\wfs if you are using reasonably standard naming conventions.

While you are looking at that, see if the program is failing in the TABLE part or the MODIFY part by putting a -EXIT where the first -RUN is.

Also try to determine the status of your FOCUS file by running ? FILE and other status checking utilities.

Let us know how it goes.

Ginny
---------------------------------
Prod: WF 7.7.01 Dev: WF 7.6.9-11
Admin, MRE,self-service; adapters: Teradata, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Essbase, ESRI, FlexEnable, Google

Posts: 2723 | Location: Ann Arbor, MI | Registered: April 05, 2006Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
If the log does not help, I would suggest following Darin's suggestion.

Start removing code. For example comment out the MODIFY step, see if the TABLE FILE works.

This way you can narrow down where the problem is.

If the TABLE FILE works, than do the MODIFY step, but Don't initially update or insert, do something else like ON MATCH TYPE "Update:

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
TYPE is the name of the field in the table. Is there a way around using the name "TYPE" in my fex that will still load the records?

It fails on the modify part. I've loaded records to this table before, albeit straight from another table. I'll try eliminating fields and see what happens.

Be back in a few.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mark1,

Windows version 768

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
There was a field in the table that was not the same format as the hold file. Thanks to everyone!

Windows version 768