Focal Point
[CLOSED] Graph Bars

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/6531066972

April 08, 2008, 02:23 PM
Jay
[CLOSED] Graph Bars
When the customer prints out the graph in color the bars look great but print in black and white some colors do not show up or its very hard to distinguish one color from another color. I would like to use lines or broken lines or dots or anything in place of the colors. Looking through the manuals and even using Advance Graph Assistant, I can't figure out how to do this.

Also is there a way to put a border around each set of bars?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Kathryn Henning>,

WebFocus 7.6.6
Oracle 10
Windows XP
April 09, 2008, 12:46 PM
mgrackin
Jay,

There is a manual that covers all the API commands for the GRAPHing. I have not read thorugh it in awhile but I believe there is a command to put borders around the bars on a graph.

Go to the following link and do a search for "border" in the document.

http://documentation.informationbuilders.com/masterinde...ics/wf76graphics.pdf

Thanks!

Mickey

FOCUS/WebFOCUS 1990 - 2011
April 10, 2008, 05:40 PM
Jay
quote:
When the customer prints out the graph in color the bars look great but print in black and white some colors do not show up or its very hard to distinguish one color from another color. I would like to use lines or broken lines or dots or anything in place of the colors. Looking through the manuals and even using Advance Graph Assistant, I can't figure out how to do this.

Does anybody have the answer to:When the customer prints out the graph in color the bars look great but print in black and white some colors do not show up or its very hard to distinguish one color from another color. I would like to use lines or broken lines or dots or anything in place of the colors.

WebFocus 7.6.6
Oracle 10
Windows XP
April 11, 2008, 02:17 PM
EWoerle
Jay,

Mgrackin is sending you to a great source. Most of the answers you are looking for are probably going to be in there.

Another option you might want to try though if you don't want to use a line graph is to use shading. A trick I will use when I have to make a graph that will have to print in black and white is that I will pick one major color for all of my bars. For an example lets say blue. I will then use shades of blue to differentiate between my bars. The black and white print out will pick up the shading in a much better way then using mutually exclusive colors.

Eric

Eric Woerle
WF 7.6.7 Reportting Server
ETL 7.6.10
Dev Studio 7.6.7
April 29, 2008, 04:50 PM
Jay
never got the code from mgrackin - can you please ask him/her to send it to jabramow@mtahq.org with title focus soure code

Please and Thank you

WebFocus 7.6.6
Oracle 10
Windows XP
July 28, 2015, 08:49 PM
cs_source
is there a solution for this, we would like to implement shading bars similar to excel, when i click the link provided by mgrackin i get an error 404 not found

WebFocus 8.02, SQL Server 2008r2
July 30, 2015, 02:33 PM
<Kathryn Henning>
Hi cs_source,

Here is a more recent link to the Graph API commands. Please note the 3 links in the 'API call' section.

Implementing API Calls

Cheers!

Kathryn