Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] DIREXCEL of XLSX

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] DIREXCEL of XLSX
 Login/Join

posted
Hi, i'have an issue to create a synonym of an xlsx file that contains more of 70000 rows.

with this code i create a synonym of the file.
   CREATE SYNONYM ads_focus_data/PROV_XLSX 
   FOR 'directory\Prov.xlsx'
   DBMS DIREXCEL 
   DROP
   PARMS 'WORKSHEET Prov HROWS 6 RECORDS 3000 DBMS DIREXCEL CHECKNAMES UNIQUENAMES'

If i use a file with 10000 rows, everything works fine, but when there are too many rows webfocus return this:
FOC31049) Synonym PROV_XLSX created with default field names pattern FIELD_nn

and the TABLE FILE of PROV_XLSX extract 0 line

there is some workaround of this?

Thanks

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,

WebFOCUS Version 8.2.0.1
Windows Server 2012

WebFOCUS Version 5.3.3
Windows 2000
Oracle 8i

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
My create syn syntax is rusty but if you're sampling only the first 3000 records, it's possible that you have a non conforming value in the field after record 3000. Your master file assumes every record after 3000 is no bigger than the largest it's sampled. So, if you have a field that gets a bigger value or a longer string in record 11000 it won't match the master file you have at hand and it'll error out. As a test, try the TABLE FILE PROV_XLSX with a WHERE READLIMIT EQ 10000 and WHERE RECORDLIMIT EQ 10000. Keep increasing this number till you hit the problem row. Alternatively, don't limit the sampling to 3000 and let it sample the entire table so it doesn't make any assumptions about the data beyond 3000 records.

WebFOCUS 8206, Unix, Windows

Posts: 1853 | Location: New York City | Registered: December 30, 2015Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Exor

I agree with what Babak says.. I think if you substitute 0 for the 3000 it will look at all 70K records. Hopefully that will get you going.

Thank you for using Focal Point!

Chuck Wolff - Focal Point Moderator
WebFOCUS 7x and 8x, Windows, Linux All output Formats

Posts: 2127 | Location: Customer Support | Registered: April 12, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you for your answers, i've done all of what you say, but without success.

i've split the file in 3 files of 30000 records each,
created the synonym of the first, and changed the DATASET in the master data with the name of the splitted file.
For each splitted file i've done a simple print, and it works.

I've done a stupid test, i've opened the original xlsx file, saved it... and webfocus it's able to read the full file at once.

so the problem is in the xlsx file format maybe, it is originated in another system and WF cannot open it and save it automatically to "clean" the format of the file.

i've to find another way.

thank you all.

WebFOCUS Version 8.2.0.1
Windows Server 2012

WebFOCUS Version 5.3.3
Windows 2000
Oracle 8i

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Does the original xlsx file open in Excel without warnings?

As a test, can you try uploading it in WebFOCUS to see if you get any more insight into what the problem is? Upload will try to do the same thing you're doing but you'll see more meaningful warnings.

WebFOCUS 8206, Unix, Windows

Posts: 1853 | Location: New York City | Registered: December 30, 2015Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
quote:
i've to find another way.

What is the other way (that worked for you)?

Posts: 3132 | Location: Tennessee, Nashville area | Registered: February 23, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
yes it is opened without warnings by excel

i've uploaded via Web Console and i receive the same message:
FOC31049) Synonym PROV_XLSX created with default field names pattern FIELD_nn

WebFOCUS Version 8.2.0.1
Windows Server 2012

WebFOCUS Version 5.3.3
Windows 2000
Oracle 8i

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Exor

If this is still an issue please open a case with techsupport if you already haven't.

Thank you for using Focal Point!

Chuck Wolff - Focal Point Moderator
WebFOCUS 7x and 8x, Windows, Linux All output Formats

Posts: 2127 | Location: Customer Support | Registered: April 12, 2005Report This Post