Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Notification Pop-up window when entering portal

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Notification Pop-up window when entering portal
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
Hi All,

I'm looking for any suggestions on how I can best accomplish a notification pop up window before someone is able to enter the portal. Right know I have a little html file that will run when the user types the DNS name for our portal. This works well as they have to read a message then either enter or exit. The problem is that this html only comes up if they enter the DNS...if they type (or save as a favorite) the complete address to the portal they skip around the notification page I've created.

The notification is a disclaimer of sorts that we need every user to have to at least click ok before entering the portal.

Any thoughts?

WebFOCUS 8.0.07 and 8.2.01M
UNIX, WINDOWS, ORACLE
PDF, CSV, Excel, TXT, XML, HTML

Posts: 65 | Location: Maryland | Registered: January 17, 2012Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Additionally we have single sign on so we cannot put it on a sign in page.

Also I cannot tie it to something in the portal it self because I don't want it popping up every time someone refreshes a screen.

-T

UNIX, WINDOWS, ORACLE

Gold member
posted Hide Post
TomS,
is it WF8? or what version? You have multiple WF versions linked.

Regards,

Release: WebFOCUS 8104, AppStudio: 8105
Output: HTML,Excel,Active Reports

Gold member
posted Hide Post
Sorry, this is in 8007.

UNIX, WINDOWS, ORACLE

Gold member
posted Hide Post
One thing I can come up is to set IBI_default_welcome_page (setting under client "Other" ) for example point it to /approot/baseapp/htmlpage1.htm (or what ever) So then everytime however users access to portal they will be first directed to this html page. Also here is one issue for example if your user "closes" the portal page from "close" button they will end up at same page.

I dont know how you have solved the portal selecting etc. in your system

But having IBI_default_homepage and some HTML from where they can access to portal could solve this.

Regards,

Release: WebFOCUS 8104, AppStudio: 8105
Output: HTML,Excel,Active Reports

Gold member
posted Hide Post
Thanks for your thoughts SSander.

I've thought of that and may try it next time we have the users out of the system.

Right now we have one portal and we have the ibi_default_welcome_page set to go directly to the portal.

I'm not sure what the behavior will be regarding typing the full address or saving the portal address as a favorite.

For now i've changed the index in the wwwroot to include the html needed for the notification. Which works, as long as users are entering throught the correct avenue. This still can be avoided by typing the full address or saving as a favorite.

I'm thinking this is going to have to require setting some sort of global paramater or flag to direct wheather someone should go to the notice or to the portal.

UNIX, WINDOWS, ORACLE