Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     DS Report Painter v7.7.03 - problem opening a Define or Report because of some DM

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
DS Report Painter v7.7.03 - problem opening a Define or Report because of some DM
 Login/Join

Expert
posted
I get this error when double clicking on the Define in a procedure via the Dev Studio v7.7.03 Report Painter:

Error Parsing MASTER File FOC_ACTION(0)

if I have these two lines in a -INCLUDE before the Define:

-SET &PREV_BUS_DTX = EDIT(&PREV_BUS_DT,'9999/99/99');
-SET &PREV_BUS_DT_YM = EDIT(&PREV_BUS_DT,'$$99-99');

They have nothing to do with the Define, nor the subsequent Report - they're not used in either. If I remove these, then the Define and Report open.

The Define is a one-liner:
DEFINE FILE FOC_ACTION
ACTION_NAME/A300=IF '&IBIWF_language' EQ 'FR' THEN ACTION || (' - ' | ACTION_FR) ELSE ACTION || (' - ' | ACTION_EN);
END

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Weird. I don't get any errors trying to do something similar ... well, at least with the CAR table.
-SET &PREV_BUS_DTX = EDIT(&PREV_BUS_DT,'9999/99/99');
-SET &PREV_BUS_DT_YM = EDIT(&PREV_BUS_DT,'$$99-99');
DEFINE FILE CAR
ACTION_NAME/A300 WITH CAT=IF '&IBIWF_language' EQ 'FR' THEN COUNTRY || (' - ' | CAR) ELSE COUNTRY || (' - ' | MODEL);
END

I tried both having -SET in an external .fex (via -INCLUDE) and inline as my example above ... DEFINE tool has no problem ... all it does is prompting me for &PREV_BUS_DT before and then opens fine, at least on my 7.7.03 Hotfix 1 Dev Studio.

I am doing all of this directly in the Reporting Server but MRE shouldn't be any different, should it?

Prod/Dev: WF Server 8008/Win 2008 - WF Client 8008/Win 2008 - Dev. Studio: 8008/Windows 7 - DBMS: Oracle 11g Rel 2
Test: Dev. Studio 8008 /Windows 7 (Local) Output:HTML, EXL2K.

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
We always comment out our -INCLUDEs before opening a report in RP.

I thought the issue was with the -INCLUDE statement itself, but if commenting out the included file's contents helps, then that particular DM-statement is apparently not the cause. Peculiar...

It's a bit of a pain, as our standard style-sheet gets included with -INCLUDE as well.

WebFOCUS 8.1.03, Windows 7-64/2008-64, IBM DB2/400, Oracle 11g & RDB, MS SQL-Server 2005, SAP, PostgreSQL 11, Output: HTML, PDF, Excel 2010
: Member of User Group Benelux :

Posts: 1669 | Location: Enschede, Netherlands | Registered: August 12, 2010Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
njsden
quote:
7.7.03 Hotfix 1 Dev Studio.
Mr. Smarty Pants and your Hotfixed Dev Studio! Big Grin

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post

Prod/Dev: WF Server 8008/Win 2008 - WF Client 8008/Win 2008 - Dev. Studio: 8008/Windows 7 - DBMS: Oracle 11g Rel 2
Test: Dev. Studio 8008 /Windows 7 (Local) Output:HTML, EXL2K.