Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] 8105 Responsive Design Framework Add-On Templates Going to 8202
Page 1 2 

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] 8105 Responsive Design Framework Add-On Templates Going to 8202
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
CoolGuy,

So I get about 14 blank templates to choose from in the 8202 Designer. Are you guys not referring to those templates?

WF 8.1.05
Windows
SQL Server 2014
HTML, PDF, EXCEL

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
That's the old new portal page designer. Get with the times AMC! Wink That was SO last month... lol

So, there's a New -> Page and a New -> Portal Page option. We're referring to the New -> Page option at the moment. Blink, and we'll be talking about the one you're looking at again. Wink

8.2.02M (production), 8.2.02M (test), Windows 10, all outputs.

Posts: 1113 | Location: USA | Registered: January 27, 2015Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
lol. That's where I am...the New Portal Page option in 8202. Are you saying that what I'm seeing there is for 8201?

WF 8.1.05
Windows
SQL Server 2014
HTML, PDF, EXCEL

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Yeah, there's an even newer design tool for creating pages as of 8202M. You may not be seeing it if you aren't on the M(ore bugs) release. Doug is attempting to use it in its preview state to build a page with its Blank template option, but he isn't seeing it in his install. IBI has said that this new WebFOCUS (WF) Designer tool won't hit 1.0 till 8.2.05 from their webinar they had a few weeks back. Supposedly that hits later this year.

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Hey I see now. Wow. I see the Create New Page option now. I was in the Create New Portal Page option. So when I go to the Create New Page option I get the four templates including the blank one. So this New Page option is similar to creating an HTML page within App Studio. The Create New Portal Page is like creating a portal page within the Portal Designer like the old way...which is what you are referring to. I got it now...lol.

I am just starting to play around with 8202M. Thanks for the assistance with these create page options.

WF 8.1.05
Windows
SQL Server 2014
HTML, PDF, EXCEL

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
AMC,

Yep! You've got it! The new WF Designer will eventually be the 1 stop shop for everything if they cook it right. I have my obvious doubts though. I SUPER hope they keep the current New -> Portal Page option in place until the new WF Designer can do everything it can. I need the new one to allow for the option for auto-generating filtering OR manually creating your filters or dropping them in, or their desired adoption won't be what happens. If I were them, I'd merge all of AppStudio and the old (desirable) parts of the existing 8.2 portal and page designers into this new WF Home & WF Designer concept they have been working on. Then us customers wouldn't have to manage knowing several different tool sets, less installation needs, etc. Just go all in IBI. I just don't want raw bacon after. Wink Big Grin

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
CoolGuy,

I agree and hopefully they keep App Studio around until it can do everything App Studio can.

WF 8.1.05
Windows
SQL Server 2014
HTML, PDF, EXCEL

Expert
posted Hide Post
AMC,
quote:
So I get about 14 blank templates to choose from in the 8202 Designer. Are you guys not referring to those templates?

There's one with the name "Blank", I see the others templates but not the one named "Blank" as seen in that video.

Posts: 3132 | Location: Tennessee, Nashville area | Registered: February 23, 2005Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Doug,

I do understand now with your and CoolGuy's help. I was in the Create New Portal Page option earlier when I had posted that, but has since been to the New Page option and I now see the "Blank" template available to me as well as the three other ones in that option.

So are you on 8202M or 8202?

WF 8.1.05
Windows
SQL Server 2014
HTML, PDF, EXCEL

Expert
posted Hide Post
AMC, As per your Thu Mar 22 2018 18:05 post, where you stated "I resolved the issue. I see them in both environments now.": What did you do to resolve that. Perhaps I missed the resolution. If so, let me know the post date/time.

Thanks, Doug

Posts: 3132 | Location: Tennessee, Nashville area | Registered: February 23, 2005Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
My bad...I was not clear. I really did nothing too intensive to solve. My explorer in 8202 App Studio defaulted to showing only FEX files instead of all files, so the HTML files were not shown in that view. I did not catch that at first. Once I selected the All Files view, I was able to see those RDF templates I created within App Studio. So it was basically user error there.

WF 8.1.05
Windows
SQL Server 2014
HTML, PDF, EXCEL