Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [Moved to NFR] APP Studio HTML Canvas, re-order elements

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[Moved to NFR] APP Studio HTML Canvas, re-order elements
 Login/Join

Master
posted
Does anyone know if there is a way, using the HTML canvas, to re-order elements? When including a report onto a page, the HTML Canvas will first create the IFrame, and then create the form. I need to make the Iframes position relative to the form. So, I would need to flip their position in the code to do this. Does anyone know if this is possible in the Canvas? and if so, how do I do it?

IE... The Canvas writes this:

<iframe id=report1 ... style="position:absolute..." > </iframe>
<form id=form1 .... style="position:absolute..."> </form> 

and I need

<form id=form1 .... style="position:relative..."> </form> 
<iframe id=report1 ... style="position:relative..." > </iframe>

Would be much easier if I could drop to code without breaking the page Music

This message has been edited. Last edited by: eric.woerle,

Eric Woerle
8.1.05M Gen 913- Reporting Server Unix
8.1.05 Client Unix
Oracle 11.2.0.2

Posts: 750 | Location: Warrenville, IL | Registered: January 08, 2013Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
We use Cut+Paste to do that. It puts the element at the end of the list of elements, so it's a bit like Towers of Hanoi, but it's doable.

In your case that means selecting the iframe, Cut it, select the document, Paste it.

You can prevent this partially by making sure that your parameters are in the correct order in the available parameters prompt (you can re-order them there), but obviously that won't work for elements that you have to place before those, such as report iframes and submit/reset buttons.

Are you working on making your forms responsive? We created a special CSS stylesheet just for that purpose with a bunch of !important flags. In HTML Composer you can add that to the list of stylesheets (using /approot/.../responsive.css, not by selecting the file as it will create a local copy!) to see the effects and remove it again if it's not how you like it.

WebFOCUS 8.1.03, Windows 7-64/2008-64, IBM DB2/400, Oracle 11g & RDB, MS SQL-Server 2005, SAP, PostgreSQL 11, Output: HTML, PDF, Excel 2010
: Member of User Group Benelux :

Posts: 1669 | Location: Enschede, Netherlands | Registered: August 12, 2010Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
Wep,

I'm looking for the tool to not drive me insane... Wink

I ended up wrapping the iframe in a div tag. Which is fine as a stop gap. But then I realized that I needed to add another report to the page (I'm using a radio button to identify which report to submit). That report had a new filter in it, which I now need to place in the middle of my filters, which are all relatively positioned. I'm aware that I can "move" all of my filters out, and then re-add them to the Div tag, but that is just asinine and a major waste of time. Especially since HTML Canvas will inject all of the inline style sheets that took me forever to remove in the first place. Its like a fire drill getting this thing to work right sometimes...

FYI... Never was a towers of Hanoi fan and I have no desire to play it with web design if I can avoid it.

I opened a case, so we shall see what happens. Most likely result... NFR that gets resolved in 10 years.

Eric Woerle
8.1.05 Client Unix
Oracle 11.2.0.2

Posts: 750 | Location: Warrenville, IL | Registered: January 08, 2013Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
Best case scenario would be if IBI would enhance the Canvas to allow you to move entire elements through the drop down on the properties tab. it would still be a bit clunky... but better then how it works now.

Eric Woerle
8.1.05 Client Unix
Oracle 11.2.0.2

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I was just providing some workarounds.

IMO, the dropdown list on the properties tab should be replaced by a proper object tree, with the elements dragable to re-order them, remove them, rename them (their unique-id mostly), etc.

However, that would take up another valuable section of screen space...

WebFOCUS 8.1.03, Windows 7-64/2008-64, IBM DB2/400, Oracle 11g & RDB, MS SQL-Server 2005, SAP, PostgreSQL 11, Output: HTML, PDF, Excel 2010
: Member of User Group Benelux :

Posts: 1669 | Location: Enschede, Netherlands | Registered: August 12, 2010Report This Post