Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     How can I get an across value on 2 lines?

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
How can I get an across value on 2 lines?
 Login/Join

<JJI>
posted
Hi,

Does any know if it's possible to have an across value on 2 lines?

I made a report with an across on weeknumber and an acrosss on daynumber. The output format is PDF. Now the people in HR wants also to have the name of the day displayed together with the number of the day. Since this is already a wide report (33 columns for months that have 31 days) I need to split the across value over 2 lines ,like you can do with a column title, in order to keep the report on one page (landscape).

ex.
Now we have something like this:

|35|........|39| | | | | --> week numbers
code|01|02|03|........|30|31|Total| --> day of the month (=daynumber)

Now it is this second across that I need to change to this:

| Mon | Tue | Wed |..................| |
code| 01 | 02 | 03 |........| 30 | 31 |Total|

Anyone that knows how to do this?

Kind Regards,

Dirk JJI

Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Dirk

how about
DEFINE FILE SALHIST
DAG/YMD=EFFECTDATE;
DAYM/D=DAG;
NDAG/I2=DAYM;
DAYYEAR/YMD=&DATE+NDAG;
DAYN/W=DAYYEAR;
DAYNAAM/A1=DECODE DAYN(1 'S' 2 'M' 3 'T' 4 'W' 5 'T' 6 'F' 7 'S');
END
TABLE FILE SALHIST
SUM
CNT.PIN
ACROSS DAYM AS ''
ACROSS DAYNAAM AS ''
END

Frank

prod: WF 7.6.10 platform Windows,
databases: msSQL2000, msSQL2005, RMS, Oracle, Sybase,IE7
test: WF 7.6.10 on the same platform and databases,IE7

Posts: 2387 | Location: Amsterdam, the Netherlands | Registered: December 03, 2006Report This Post
<JJI>
posted
Hi Frank,

Thx for your reply, but I know this works with an extra across but I don't want the horizontal grid between the DAYN and DAYNAAM. I realy want to display them in one box, so to speek, the same way you can split a column title over multiple lines.
Sorry I should have explained better Red Face

Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
JJI,

This is probably what you need to do. Instead of trying to get a single across value to span two rows, add an additional ACROSS that contains the three character day abbreviation to your request.

In the following request I sort by DAYD twice (once before the DAYW) so as to avoid having all the Mondays come first then the Tuesdays, etc.

DEFINE FILE SALHIST
DAG/YMD=EFFECTDATE;
DAYY/Y =DAG;
DAYM/M =DAG;
DAYW/Wt=DAG;
DAYD/D =DAG;
END
TABLE FILE SALHIST
SUM CNT.PIN
ACROSS DAYY AS ''
ACROSS DAYM AS ''
ACROSS DAYD NOPRINT
ACROSS DAYW AS ''
ACROSS DAYD AS ''
WHERE DAYY EQ '90'
END

Thanks!

Mickey

FOCUS/WebFOCUS 1990 - 2011

Posts: 995 | Location: Gaithersburg, MD, USA | Registered: May 07, 2003Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Here's another example trying to get the borders (GRID) the way you want it.

EFINE FILE SALHIST
DAG/YMD=EFFECTDATE;
DAYY/Y =DAG;
DAYM/M =DAG;
DAYW/Wt=DAG;
DAYD1/D =DAG;
DAYD2/D =DAG;
END
TABLE FILE SALHIST
SUM CNT.PIN
ACROSS DAYY AS ''
ACROSS DAYM AS ''
ACROSS DAYD1 NOPRINT
ACROSS DAYW AS ''
ACROSS DAYD2 AS ''
WHERE DAYY EQ '90'
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT PDF
ON TABLE SET HTMLCSS ON
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
TYPE=REPORT, GRID=ON, BORDER=OFF, ORIENTATION=LANDSCAPE, LEFTGAP=0, RIGHTGAP=0,$
TYPE=ACROSSVALUE, BORDER-LEFT=LIGHT, BORDER-RIGHT=LIGHT,$
TYPE=ACROSSVALUE, ACROSS=DAYY, BORDER-TOP=LIGHT,$
TYPE=ACROSSVALUE, ACROSS=DAYM, BORDER-TOP=LIGHT,$
TYPE=ACROSSVALUE, ACROSS=DAYW, BORDER-TOP=LIGHT,$
TYPE=ACROSSVALUE, ACROSS=DAYD2, BORDER-BOTTOM=LIGHT, JUSTIFY=LEFT,$
TYPE=DATA, JUSTIFY=LEFT,$
ENDSTYLE
END

Thanks!

Mickey

FOCUS/WebFOCUS 1990 - 2011

Posts: 995 | Location: Gaithersburg, MD, USA | Registered: May 07, 2003Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
DEFINE a field which will contain the day name ie MON TUE WED etc and make this your second across with the day number as your third accross.
Since there is a one-toone between the day number and the day name it will not create any more columns but will add an extar row of column titles.

Posts: 140 | Location: Adelaide South Australia | Registered: October 27, 2006Report This Post
<JJI>
posted
Hé Mickey,

This works fine! Thanks.

Thanks to all of you for helping me.

Kind regards,

Dirk JJI

Report This Post