Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] BIP - Navigation Page Title

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] BIP - Navigation Page Title
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
I want to make the Portal tab title to display on 2 lines instead of 1 long one.
My current client wants to place the navigation tab on the left side and they have titles between 30 and 70 characters long. They want to wrap these as 32 on a second line.
How can this be done? I am on WF 8007 using dev studio.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,

dksib
DC Tech Services Inc
WF 8.2.1M

Posts: 117 | Location: US | Registered: February 09, 2004Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
David, you have a good question. It ought to be controlled somewhere in a css style-sheet. I used the developer tools (F12) in I.E. and tried to alter the height but was not able to make the navigation "tabs" higher. They're set at 23px. The bar they're contained in is set to 23px. With the developer tools I changed the height of both to be 46px, but I think some other container prevented me from seeing the bottom half of these taller elements. I'm not sure how the width is calculated - the width of each "tab" is different depending on the text. This *might* not be easy to achieve. Frowner

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Did you ever find a solution? I would like to add this to one of my portals as well to allow some longer report names. I want to keep the tab format vs accordian.

v 8.1.5
Windows/Linux
html, excel, pdf, csv

Posts: 8 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 28, 2015Report This Post