Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED]Using DOWL or DOWK

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED]Using DOWL or DOWK
 Login/Join

Silver Member
posted
I'm currently working on Webfocus 7.7.03 and have two datetime related issues. Confused
1- When I use the DOWL or DOWK the return value blank/spaces. I have the following Defines:

PROBLEM_CLOSE_TIME_YYMD/YMD = HDATE(PROBLEM_CLOSE_TIME_UTC,'YYMD');
OPEN_PROBLEM_DOWL/A4 = DOWL(PROBLEM_CLOSE_TIME_YYMD,OPEN_PROBLEM_DOWL);

I reformate my datetime field to a YMD format then I bring it into the DOWL function but no values
are returned and it does not fail. I know DOWL is a legacy function does this require any special reformatting
of the date?

2 - Lastly, I have a graph with a YYMD date formatted on the X axis. If I want to clean it up to just show
a date format similar to just "Jan 2016 or "Feb 2016" etc... what is recommended?

Your assistance is GREATLY appreciated. Have a great day/night! Smiler

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Emily McAllister>,

Expert
posted Hide Post
quote:
DOWL
The first thing of note is that DOWL is not a WebFOCUS s it something "in house" to you?

This is one of those times when you really need to know (or have bookmarked) the help pages . If you did, and used them, then you would find -

quote:
Syntax: How to Find the Day of the Week
{DOWK|DOWKL}(indate, output)

where:
indate
I6YMD or I8YYMD

Is the legacy date in year-month-day format. If the date is not valid, the function returns spaces. If the date specifies a two digit year and DEFCENT and YRTHRESH values have not been set, the function assumes the 20th century.
output
DOWK: A4. DOWKL: A12

As for your second question, simply use date reformatting MtYY.

T

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Integer LegacyDate to Single Value

Code
a) ID_YYMD/I8YYMD = 20030715 ;
b) ID_MDYY/I8MDYY = 07152003 ;
c) ID_DMYY/I8DMYY = 15072003 ;
d) YYMD_YR/I4 = ID_YYMD / 10000 ;
e) YYMD_DA/I2L = IMOD(ID_YYMD,100,'I2') ;
f) YYMD_MO/I2L = INT(IMOD(ID_YYMD,10000,'I4') / 100) ;
g) YYMD_DOWK/A3 = DOWK(ID_YYMD,'A3');
h) YYMD_DOWKL/A9 = DOWKL(ID_YYMD,'A9');
i) MDYY_YR/I4 = IMOD(ID_MDYY,10000,'I4') ;
j) MDYY_MO/I2L = ID_MDYY / 1000000 ;
k) MDYY_DA/I2L = IMOD(ID_MDYY,1000000,'I6') / 10000 ;
l) DMYY_YR/I4L = IMOD(ID_DMYY,10000,'I4') ;
m) DMYY_MO/I2L = INT(IMOD(ID_DMYY,1000000,'I4') / 10000) ;
n) DMYY_DA/I2L = ID_DMYY / 1000000 ;

Result
(a) From ccyymmdd form 2003/07/15 (d) YYMD - Year = 2003
(e) YYMD - Month = 07
(f) YYMD - Day = 15
(g) YYMD - Wkdy = TUE
(h) YYMD - Weekday = TUESDAY
(b) From mmddccyy form 07/15/2003 (i) MDYY - Year = 2003
(j) MDYY - Month = 07
(k) MDYY - Day = 15
(c) From ddmmccyy form 15/07/2003 (l) DMYY - Year = 2003
(m) DMYY - Month = 07
(n) DMYY - Day = 15

Example 5.7

WebFOCUS 8.0.2, FOCUS since 1977 - John@Aviter.com
PDF , Excel, FOCUS, Author of the Keysheets and Dates book.
www.Aviter.com