Focal Point
WF8 Portal - Hide tabs under each portal?

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/6567072236

July 17, 2013, 01:05 PM
Moogle
WF8 Portal - Hide tabs under each portal?
Hi Team,

When I make a WF8 Portal, and add some tabs, I see each tab under the portal tree. This is useful for me as an admin, because I can right click and remove customizations. However, my basic users see these tabs, and they can't do anything with them. I actually had a user say I cannot open the portal, because they were expanding the tree and double-clicking on the tab names. They didn't even try to double-click the portal icon itself, which works fine.

I am looking for a setting that hides the tabs under the portal tree.

This affects the ibi_apps landing page and the portal tree gadget within a portal.

Cheers,

Joey

-WebFOCUS 8.2.01 on Windows
July 17, 2013, 04:24 PM
MattC
I would open a case with IBI. With WF 8 being so new and having so many security models you may find it challenging to get and answer you are looking for. My portals also display the pages (tabs) below but regular users cannot do anything with. In my case, the portals are not expanded or at least it doesn’t show the pages until you expand it.

WebFOCUS 8.1.05
July 18, 2013, 04:58 PM
Moogle
Hi MattC,

That's my experience as well. The portal is not expanded by default, but users surprise me sometimes with the things they do.

I might open a case, but I'll let this post percolate a little while longer first. I've already got some feedback on some other WF8 posts, so there are definitely people in the wild coming up with tricks and techniques.

Cheers,

Joey

-WebFOCUS 8.2.01 on Windows