Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     WF8 Portal - Hide tabs under each portal?

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
WF8 Portal - Hide tabs under each portal?
 Login/Join

Guru
posted
Hi Team,

When I make a WF8 Portal, and add some tabs, I see each tab under the portal tree. This is useful for me as an admin, because I can right click and remove customizations. However, my basic users see these tabs, and they can't do anything with them. I actually had a user say I cannot open the portal, because they were expanding the tree and double-clicking on the tab names. They didn't even try to double-click the portal icon itself, which works fine.

I am looking for a setting that hides the tabs under the portal tree.

This affects the ibi_apps landing page and the portal tree gadget within a portal.

Cheers,

Joey

-WebFOCUS 8.2.01 on Windows

Posts: 318 | Location: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: November 15, 2005Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
I would open a case with IBI. With WF 8 being so new and having so many security models you may find it challenging to get and answer you are looking for. My portals also display the pages (tabs) below but regular users cannot do anything with. In my case, the portals are not expanded or at least it doesn’t show the pages until you expand it.

WebFOCUS 8.1.05

Guru
posted Hide Post
Hi MattC,

That's my experience as well. The portal is not expanded by default, but users surprise me sometimes with the things they do.

I might open a case, but I'll let this post percolate a little while longer first. I've already got some feedback on some other WF8 posts, so there are definitely people in the wild coming up with tricks and techniques.

Cheers,

Joey

-WebFOCUS 8.2.01 on Windows

Posts: 318 | Location: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: November 15, 2005Report This Post