Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED NFR] Data Server VS MRE Domain?

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED NFR] Data Server VS MRE Domain?
 Login/Join

Expert
posted
UNRESOLVED. I was hoping for a workaround.

I have the following two fexes on the data server. The execution of PROC1 executes, via "-INCLUDE", proc2 (as one would expect). The question is: What Am I missinger here, how do we perform this same functionality when both procedures reside in an MRE Domain Standard Reports Folder?

-TYPE *** PROC1.FEX ***
-SET &FEXNAME = 'PROC2' ;
-SET &RUNTHIS = '-INCLUDE ' | &FEXNAME ;
-TYPE *** &|RUNTHIS = &RUNTHIS ***
&RUNTHIS.EVAL
-RUN
-TYPE *** DONE WITH PROC1
AND
-TYPE *** RUNNING PROC2.FEX ***

Any difference using "EX" instead of "-INCLUDE"?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Doug,

In FOCUS Since 1983 ~ from FOCUS to WebFOCUS.
   Current: WebFOCUS Administrator at FIS Worldpay | 8204, 8206

Posts: 3132 | Location: Tennessee, Nashville area | Registered: February 23, 2005Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
When calling FEX file residing in MRE then we have to use the full qualifying path

-INCLUDE domain_href/app/fexname.fex (this is if you are calling fex from another domain

If in the same domain then

-INCLUDE app/fexname.fex

WebFOCUS - ver8201
[ReportingServers: Windows 64bit;
Client: tomcat and IIS on windows 2012
AppStudio

Posts: 104 | Location: Indianapolis | Registered: November 08, 2007Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
I guess I need to elaborate on my question. This needs to be done DYNAMICALLY, via the use of variables. The STATIC execution / inclusion is simple. But, let's be dynamic.

Posts: 3132 | Location: Tennessee, Nashville area | Registered: February 23, 2005Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
Doug,

You can't create DM commands ( those with dash ) with other DM commands.

Example:
-SET &A = '-SET &B = ''Hello'' ';
&A

Doesn't work because first ALL DM Commands are processed, then all parameters are resolved.

What can be done is:
-GOTO LABEL_&FEXNAME;

-LABEL_PROC1
-INCLUDE app/PROC1.FEX
-GOTO LABEL_END

-LABEL_PROC2
-INCLUDE app/PROC2.FEX
-GOTO LABEL_END

-LABEL_END

This will effectively include BOTH procedures, but only execute one of them.

G'luck

Posts: 668 | Location: Veghel, The Netherlands | Registered: February 16, 2010Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Unfortunately, I agree that it cannot be done. You're solution is OK for STATIC / Known named procedures. But, at the point of execution, these names are unknown. So, it is with great sadness that I'll CLOSE this post as unresolved. Perhaps we'll migrate those MRE procs to the data server so that the APP SERVER option can work.

Master
posted Hide Post
Don't give up so easily...

I don't have a a working example...
...but I'm pretty sure it is possible.

FILEDEF HOLDFILE DISK <your_location_of_preference>/RUNFILE.FEX

TABLE FILE <dummy>
PRINT COMPUTE RUNTHIS/A50 = 'EX &FEXNAME' AS ''
FOOTER
"-RUN;"
WHERE RECORDLIMIT EQ 1
ON TABLE SAVE AS HOLDFILE FORMAT ALPHA
END

EX <your_location_of_preference>/RUNFILE.ftm

Summary:
Create a procedure 'on_the_fly' that runs your desired &FEXNAME and then EX that 'on_the_fly' procedure.

Check also:
[SOLVED] How to call the hold file created in other procedure?
http://forums.informationbuild...371015303#2371015303

You might what to use a permanent holdfile ( APP HOLD ) or perhaps FOCCACHE

We don't use this kind of ####.... Sweating perhaps some MacGyver/wizard can get this to work?

Greets,Dave

Posts: 668 | Location: Veghel, The Netherlands | Registered: February 16, 2010Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Thanks Dave, I Love The Possitive...
quote:
Don't give up so easily...
I'll check it out. We don't like / want to "use this kind of ####.... " either. But, a guy's gotta do what a guy's gotta do, right?