Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     How do you get graph bars side by side ?

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
How do you get graph bars side by side ?
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
Another graph question....

I'm trying to learn how to do graphs quickly for a management presentation so instead of much trial and error I'm hoping someone can help me with another graph question.

The following is my code:

SET LOOKGRAPH=BAR
SET GRAPHEDIT=SERVER
SET GRID=ON
SET BARNUM=OFF
SET 3D=OFF
SET GRWIDTH=0
SET VZERO=ON
DEFINE FILE GLACKALL
TYPEIS/A6 = IF RECORD_TYPE EQ 'P' THEN 'ACTUAL' ELSE 'BUDGET';
END
GRAPH FILE GLACKALL
SUM AMOUNT_01 AS 'January'
AMOUNT_02 AS 'February'
AMOUNT_03 AS 'March'
BY TYPEIS AS 'Record Type'
WHERE DATE_YEAR EQ 2004
WHERE BUDGET_AREA EQ '06954'
WHERE COST_CODE EQ 'A11'
ON GRAPH SET GRAPHSTYLE *

It prints the three months of Actuals and then the three months of Budget. What I really want is January Actuals, January Budget, February Actuals, February Budget....... How can I accomplish this.......

Thanks

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Mabel>,

Posts: 132 | Location: Kansas | Registered: November 12, 2003Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Because you do not have a field that indicates the month which you could sort by, you will need to create a hold file first and write a master file description to describe the hold file using an occurs clause to create a month field. You can then do the graph file off the hold file using the new master. The following is an example using the CAR file.

The Master File Description:

FILENAME=THEDATA,SUFFIX=FIX,$
SEGMENT=ONE,SEGTYPE=S1,$
FIELDNAME=COUNTRY,ALIAS=COUNTRY,FORMAT=A10 ,ACTUAL=A10 ,$
SEGMENT=TWO,SEGTYPE=S1, OCCURS=12,$
FIELDNAME=RCOST,ALIAS=RCOST,FORMAT=D7 ,ACTUAL=A7 ,$
FIELDNAME=THEMONTH,ALIAS=ORDER,FORMAT=I2MT ,ACTUAL=I4 ,$

The FOCEXEC:

TABLE FILE CAR
SUM RCOST RCOST RCOST RCOST RCOST RCOST RCOST RCOST RCOST RCOST RCOST RCOST
BY COUNTRY
IF COUNTRY EQ 'ENGLAND' OR 'JAPAN'
ON TABLE SAVE AS 'THEDATA'
END
GRAPH FILE THEDATA
SUM RCOST
BY COUNTRY
ACROSS THEMONTH
END

Posts: 995 | Location: Gaithersburg, MD, USA | Registered: May 07, 2003Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
In the previous post I submitted, switch the order of BY COUNTRY and ACROSS THEMONTH so the you sort BY THEMONTH first and then BY COUNTRY. Sorry about that. Roll Eyes

Posts: 995 | Location: Gaithersburg, MD, USA | Registered: May 07, 2003Report This Post