Focal Point
[CLOSED]Move Files to Report Library

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/6597015486

November 09, 2016, 10:55 AM
evan.brown
[CLOSED]Move Files to Report Library
Is it possible to move existing historical files (PDF, Excel, etc.) into a Report Library? Is there a way to change the file name from "Version 1", "Version 2", etc.? Just beginning to look at Report Library and would like some further insight into these details. Thanks!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Emily McAllister>,

WF 8.0.08 (Prod); WF 8.2.06 (Dev)
November 09, 2016, 02:51 PM
dhagen
quote:
Is it possible to move existing historical files (PDF, Excel, etc.) into a Report Library?

Yes. Check the doc for the details.

quote:
Is there a way to change the file name from "Version 1", "Version 2", etc.?

Dunno. You might want to ask CSS for that one.

"There is no limit to what you can achieve ... if you don’t care who gets the credit." Roger Abbott
November 09, 2016, 03:47 PM
Francis Mariani
There's currently no way to change the names

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server
November 10, 2016, 01:51 PM
evan.brown
[QUOTE]
Yes. Check the doc for the details.
[QUOTE]
I've read through chapter 8 of the ReportCaster manual, but have yet to see anything. Is there further information in a different manual?

Thank you for your responses.

January 30, 2017, 01:36 PM
evan.brown
Hi,
I was wondering if anyone could provide more insight into moving existing files to the report library. I don't see anything in the ReportCaster manual about it, but if it is indeed possible I'd like to know where to look. Thanks!

January 30, 2017, 01:46 PM
Francis Mariani
Have you tried creating a Report Caster schedule with a "File" type of Task? It looks like you can specify an input file path and name and an output "Save Report As" name.

I haven't tried one of these. Note that the input file path should be accessible from the reporting server...

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server
January 31, 2017, 04:02 PM
evan.brown
Any idea what I would be looking at to see if scheduler can read the file on the reporting server? I've attempted to enter a path to read a file I have saved on the reporting server, but when I go to save the schedule, it always indicates it can't find my file. I assume RC should be able to read my files as it reads fexes there. Thanks

February 01, 2017, 07:44 AM
<PeterA>
From the rcadmin Guide - the file must be accessible by the "Distribution Server", not the "Reporting Server". In our shop these are two separate machines - web tier vs reporting tier.

File Task Options
The options available when you select the File Task Type are:
Task Name. Type a name that describes the task you are creating, for example, Sales Report.
File. Type the name of the file you want to schedule.You must type the fully qualified path (for example, d:\reportcaster77\filename.doc) of the file. In addition, the file must be accessible to the ReportCaster Distribution Server.
Save Report As. Type a name for the content to be distributed. Be sure to include the extension. For example, you might save this report as hrletter.doc, therefore, this file will be distributed as hrletter.doc.
Delete the file after it is distributed. Select this option to delete the file once it has been distributed.
Note: If a schedule has multiple tasks and one of the tasks fails, then the file will not be deleted. This is true even when the file is distributed successfully.
February 01, 2017, 09:31 AM
evan.brown
Great! Thank for the help!