Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED]Other Ways To Automate A Process Flow

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED]Other Ways To Automate A Process Flow
 Login/Join

Silver Member
posted
I have to figure out a way to automate a daily process flow in Data Migrator. I know the flow can be automated by setting a scheduled time and date, but that won't suffice since our initial processes, before the flow, finish at random times. Is there a way a process flow can get automated other then through a times schedule? I am looking at possibly just creating a script that will capture an email, variable, file, etc... that will trigger Data Migrator to process the flow file.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Emily McAllister>,

WebFOCUS 8
Windows, All Outputs

Expert
posted Hide Post
Have you looked into multple tasks within a single ReportCaster job? That may be a solution for you.

Posts: 3132 | Location: Tennessee, Nashville area | Registered: February 23, 2005Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Let me add that the initial processes before the process flow are outside WebFocus. I am waiting for a process to end in AS400 before I can run the process flow in Data Migrator.

WebFOCUS 8
Windows, All Outputs

Expert
posted Hide Post
Just thinking out loud... Perhaps you can add a "finished" message (text file on a server) at the end of your AS400 job which can be read in a pre-process task in your RC job.

Posts: 3132 | Location: Tennessee, Nashville area | Registered: February 23, 2005Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Open a case and get the CMRUN program for AS400. It is basically a client to allow you to run a iDM process flow from a remote process/server/whatever. I assume the 400 stuff is running using a scheduler, just make the CMRUN a dependant event for the current process.

"There is no limit to what you can achieve ... if you don’t care who gets the credit." Roger Abbott

Posts: 1102 | Location: Toronto, Ontario | Registered: May 26, 2004Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
We have several processes on AS400 that run in some kind of queue on that machine. Perhaps that's how your process works as well?

The thing is, the queued task and it's current status are kept in a table (as I understand it, nearly everything on AS400 is in a table of some sort). That table is accessible by WebFOCUS!

What we did here is fire the processing task from ReportCaster on a scheduled time, but we start that task with reading the queue status of the AS400 task. If the task did not finish yet, we SLEEP 10 and retry.

Yup, that's a polling loop.

WebFOCUS 8.1.03, Windows 7-64/2008-64, IBM DB2/400, Oracle 11g & RDB, MS SQL-Server 2005, SAP, PostgreSQL 11, Output: HTML, PDF, Excel 2010
: Member of User Group Benelux :

Posts: 1669 | Location: Enschede, Netherlands | Registered: August 12, 2010Report This Post