Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] Page report load too slow

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] Page report load too slow
 Login/Join

posted
Hello,

I have a table in AWS Athena that contains around 1.4 million rows and that is connected to WebFOCUS. I created a report with filters in InfoAssist then a page for the report with the search bar (filters).
Because of the large amount of data in the report, the page takes more than 30 min to load the search bar (the report itself takes longer), but as soon as the search bar is loaded, i'm able to search in the report and within seconds display the data i need from it.

In infoAssist i tried the active cache option by choosing active report but it's still taking more than 30 min to load.

Does anyone know how to fix the issue please.

Thank you in advance.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
I think in InfoAssist's Format Tab there's a button for Pages on Demand. Turn that on and try your report.

WebFOCUS 8206, Unix, Windows

Posts: 1853 | Location: New York City | Registered: December 30, 2015Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you for your quick reply, unfortunately i can't find ON-demand paging anywhere on the tabs. could it be a feature that the client doesn't have?

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
What version of WebFOCUS are you using? It's a part of InfoAssist.

https://webfocusinfocenter.inf...30-8FD3-225FEE3ABEE1

Posts: 1853 | Location: New York City | Registered: December 30, 2015Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Why don't you hold off on the display of the report till after they apply / submit their filters?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Doug,

Posts: 3132 | Location: Tennessee, Nashville area | Registered: February 23, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BabakNYC:
What version of WebFOCUS are you using? It's a part of InfoAssist.

https://webfocusinfocenter.inf...30-8FD3-225FEE3ABEE1

Release 8.2

In format tab > Navigation i only have a choice between : Table, Table of contents and Freeze. There's no on demand paging

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug:
Why don't you how off on the display of the report till after they apply / submit their filters?

I would like to but How do i do that?

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
If you have access to Administration Console under Configuration, InfoAssist Properties, check to see if Enable Pages On Demand is checked.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BabakNYC:
If you have access to Administration Console under Configuration, InfoAssist Properties, check to see if Enable Pages On Demand is checked.

Unfortunately the option of On-demand paging is not available. For now i used filters (parameter-simple) which allows the user to enter and search for the values without having to load all the data first.
for now it seems the only option for a large amount of data.

Expert
posted Hide Post
quote:
I would like to but How do i do that?

We need to know how and where this report is being executed in order to answer this question.

Is this being done on a page in a portal? Is it in an iFrame? What release are you using? Anything else would be helpful.

PS: I cam across this post while searching for 'aws'...

In FOCUS Since 1983 ~ from FOCUS to WebFOCUS.
   Current: WebFOCUS Administrator at FIS Worldpay | 8204, 8206

Posts: 3132 | Location: Tennessee, Nashville area | Registered: February 23, 2005Report This Post