Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Across on a time variable for two different counts.

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Across on a time variable for two different counts.
 Login/Join

posted
i have a requirement to show the counts(i.e.unit of Measure) for different weeks in a month and also the total count for that month and year selected. this would look like below:
count1 count2
wk1|wk2|wk3|wk4|Mnth|Yr wk1|wk2|wk3|wk4|Mnth|Yr

i am able to do get the first part that is for count1 but both could not be achieved. Could anyone help me out to resolve the issue.

Posts: 5 | Location: India | Registered: July 15, 2005Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Sandhya,

Try the following as an example. The key to getting what you are looking for is to use the ACROSS-TOTAL command.

DEFINE FILE PERSINFO
BIRTHQTR/Q=BIRTHDATE
END

TABLE FILE PERSINFO
COUNT PIN
ACROSS COUNTRY AS '' ACROSS-TOTAL
ACROSS BIRTHQTR AS '' ACROSS-TOTAL
END

Thanks!

Mickey

FOCUS/WebFOCUS 1990 - 2011

Posts: 995 | Location: Gaithersburg, MD, USA | Registered: May 07, 2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Grackin for the reply. The example that you cited did help me to solve a part of my problem.

1)Now considering a variation to your example i want two counts instead of just a single count in the same report. i.e.

TABLE FILE PERSINFO
COUNT
PIN
ACROSS WEEK AS '' ACROSS-TOTAL
WHERE YEAR EQ '2006';
WHERE MONTH EQ 'JAN';
END

The output of the above example would be like:

2006 || total
----------------------------------------
WK1 || WK2 || total
----------------------------------------
PIN|AGE || PIN|AGE|| PIN|AGE|| PIN|AGE

but i want the output as:

---------------------------------------------------------
WK1|WK2|Month tot|Year tot || WK1|WK2|Month tot|Year tot
---------------------------------------------------------
PIN|PIN|PIN |PIN || AGE|AGE|AGE |AGE
is there anyway by which i can achive the above output.

2)Also when we get the year total we have to get the total for the entire year and not just for the selected month. As there is a filter on both year and month, the data that is coming in the report is just for the selected month. Is there any way by which we can just put the filter only on year and then show only selected month's weeks in the report i.e. by supressing other months.Thus the report would show the selected months weekwise data and the total Month's and also total Year's data.

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Try the following as an example:

In order the rearrange the order of the fields (PIN and AGE) in the ACROSS, you need to twist the data so that the totals for these two are on physically separate records. Hence the need for the SAVE file and the MFD with the usage of OCCURS and ORDER. This probably could also be accomplished with the MacGyver Technique but I chose this way instead.

Give it a test and pick it apart to learn how it works. the only thing it doesn't have is TITLEs for the Year Totals.

DEFINE FILE PERSINFO
BIRTHDEC/YY='2006';
BIRTHQTR/Q=BIRTHDATE;
BIRTHMTH/M=BIRTHDATE;
CNTSPOUSE/I9=IF (RELATIONSHIP EQ 'SPOUSE') THEN 1 ELSE 0;
CNTSIBLING/I9=IF (RELATIONSHIP EQ 'BROTHER' OR 'SISTER') THEN 1 ELSE 0;
CNTPARENT/I9=IF (RELATIONSHIP EQ 'FATHER' OR 'MOTHER') THEN 1 ELSE 0;
END

TABLE FILE PERSINFO
SUM CNTSPOUSE CNTPARENT
BY BIRTHDEC
SUM CNTSPOUSE CNTPARENT
BY BIRTHDEC
BY BIRTHQTR
BY BIRTHMTH
WHERE BIRTHDEC EQ '2006'
ON TABLE SAVE AS 'THEDATA'
END
-RUN

APP FI THEMFD DISK THEDATA.MAS
-RUN

-WRITE THEMFD FILENAME=THEDATA, SUFFIX=FIX,$
-WRITE THEMFD SEGNAME=ONE, SEGTYPE=S0,$
-WRITE THEMFD FIELDNAME=BIRTHDEC , , FORMAT=YY, ACTUAL=A4,$
-WRITE THEMFD FIELDNAME=CNTSPOUSE, , FORMAT=I9, ACTUAL=A9,$
-WRITE THEMFD FIELDNAME=CNTPARENT, , FORMAT=I9, ACTUAL=A9,$
-WRITE THEMFD FIELDNAME=BIRTHQTR , , FORMAT=Q , ACTUAL=A1,$
-WRITE THEMFD FIELDNAME=BIRTHMTH , , FORMAT=A2, ACTUAL=A2,$
-WRITE THEMFD SEGNAME=MTHTOTS, SEGTYPE=S0, PARENT=ONE, OCCURS=2,$
-WRITE THEMFD FIELDNAME=CNTMONTH , , FORMAT=I9, ACTUAL=A9,$
-WRITE THEMFD FIELDNAME=CNTORDER , ALIAS=ORDER, FORMAT=I2, ACTUAL=I4,$
-WRITE THEMFD DEFINE CNTTYPE/A8=DECODE CNTORDER(1 'Spouses' 2 'Parents');$

TABLE FILE THEDATA
SUM MAX.CNTSPOUSE AS '' MAX.CNTPARENT AS ''
SUM CNTMONTH AS ''
ACROSS BIRTHDEC AS ''
ACROSS CNTTYPE AS ''
ACROSS BIRTHQTR NOPRINT COLUMNS 'Q1'
ACROSS BIRTHMTH AS '' ACROSS-TOTAL AS 'Total'
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
TYPE=REPORT, COLUMN=MAX.CNTSPOUSE, SEQUENCE=5,$
TYPE=REPORT, COLUMN=MAX.CNTPARENT, SEQUENCE=10,$
ENDSTYLE
END

Thanks!

Mickey

Posts: 995 | Location: Gaithersburg, MD, USA | Registered: May 07, 2003Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Here is the result:
PAGE 1
Parents Spouses
01 02 03 Total 01 02 03 Total
0 2 0 2 15 0 1 0 1 8

Thanks!

Mickey

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Using the example I posted allows you to get the YEAR totals and month totals in the same SAVE file. Then, use the COLUMNS keyword to limit your columns to the month you want (in your case Jan). The example I created uses COLUMNS to limit the request to Q1 only but you can adapt the code to your needs.

Thanks!

Mickey

posted Hide Post
hi Grackin,
Sorry for such a late reply. I could resolve this issue by just doing an accross and then holding it into a file and then rearranging the columns as per my requirement.Let me put this in the form of an example to be more clear.

SET ASNAMES=ON
TABLE FILE EMPLOYEE
SUM
AGE AS 'AG'
WORKEXP 'WE'
BY EMPLID
ACROSS TIME COLUMNS WK1 AND WK2 AND WK3 AND WK4 AND MTD AND YTD
WHERE TIME EQ 'WK1' OR 'WK2' OR 'WK3' OR 'WK4' OR 'MTD' OR 'YTD'
ON TABLE HOLD AS TEMP_XYZ FORMAT ALPHA
END

-SET &V_A_WK1='AG' || WK1;
-SET &V_A_WK2='AG' || WK2;
-SET &V_A_WK3='AG' || WK3;
-SET &V_A_WK4='AG' || WK4;
-SET &V_A_MTD='AG' || MTD;
-SET &V_A_YTD='AG' || YTD;

-SET &V_W_WK1='WE' || WK1;
-SET &V_W_WK2='WE' || WK2;
-SET &V_W_WK3='WE' || WK3;
-SET &V_W_WK4='WE' || WK4;
-SET &V_W_MTD='WE' || MTD;
-SET &V_W_YTD='WE' || YTD;

TABLE FILE TEMP_XYZ
PRINT
&V_A_WK1
&V_A_WK2
&V_A_WK3
&V_A_WK4
&V_A_MTD
&V_A_YTD
&V_W_WK1
&V_W_WK2
&V_W_WK3
&V_W_WK4
&V_W_MTD
&V_W_YTD
BY
EMPLD
END

then i have used the subhead to give the appropriate titles as per the requirement.

Silver Member
posted Hide Post
I have a similar situation I need help with. I want to have header going across the first row and a header/titles going down the first column. Then I need counts for each category in the header (first row). I have played with the ACROSS with not a lot of success. Can anyone help?

Thanks...

UNIX
Excel, PDF, HTML

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
See this recent post.

- Jack Gross
WF through 8.1.05

Posts: 1925 | Location: NYC | In FOCUS since 1983 | Registered: January 11, 2005Report This Post