Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
A Few Questions
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
1) My first question is, when a compound report is created and output to excel or pdf, when you click the save as button, the name it wants to save as starts with WFServlet etc... is there a way to have a default save as name in there?

In addition, instead out outputting the file to pdf and excel on screen, just clicking save instead of open also gives a WFservlet name, is it possible to default here as well?

2) When I open a file as CSV (COMT) then saving a file as does not add the extension CSV. The same thing if I save instead of open it. Is there a way to get this done? I noticed a posts on this, but was unable to get it to work.

https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/...911065861#2911065861

I will continue to work with this one.

3) My last questions is similar to the one above, but with the file extension XLS. Sometimes it has a .HTML extension.

If anyone has any thoughts on these, that would be great. We are currently researching through old posts and will repsond as soon as we find an answer as well.

Thank you.

Dev, SIT, UAT, Production:7.6.6
Dev Sandbox:7.6.11

Dev Studio - 7.6.6

Expert
posted Hide Post
Hi Stacy, and Happy New Year

1) Default name (in lieu of WFServlet)

I do not believe you can do this as Windoze will be using the standard SAVE AS dialog and will take the default name from the program name (I think). It might be worth checking with IB to see if they can control it but I would guess that the response would be a firm no.

2) Forcing a file extension

If you use SAVE AS xxxx FORMAT COMT the file does get a csv extension (use ? FILEDEF to check it out). Also if you pre FILEDEF the file, with the correct csv extension, for your output this should also work OK.

3) Web type extension instead of XLS

I believe that this is due to Windoze (again) interpretting the output which is actually HTML in style - hence the xht extension when you hold it.

Try this code and locate the hold.xht file and open it with notepad -
APP HOLD BASAPP
TABLE FILE CAR
SUM RCOST   AS 'Retail,Cost'
    DCOST   AS 'Dealer,Cost'
 BY COUNTRY AS 'Country'
 BY CAR     AS 'Car'
 BY MODEL   AS 'Model'
ON TABLE HOLD FORMAT EXL2K
END
-RUN

Good luck

T

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Hi Tony, Happy New Year!

I tried that last bit of code and opened it with notepad and got a bunch of garbly gook.

Working on the FILEDEF stuff and I can't seem to get it to work. Trying to get it to save on a desktop and nothing is happening... I'm sure it's something small.. need to work with it. Plus I haven't run through all the FILEDEF posts..

Thanks for your help!

Dev, SIT, UAT, Production:7.6.6
Dev Sandbox:7.6.11

Dev Studio - 7.6.6

Expert
posted Hide Post
Hi Stacy,

In which interface are you creating your code (not that it should matter, but wth) DS, MRE etc?

I have no problem with the following code from DS -
APP HOLD BASEAPP
TABLE FILE CAR
    DCOST   AS 'Dealer,Cost'
 BY COUNTRY AS 'Country'
 BY CAR     AS 'Car'
 BY MODEL   AS 'Model'
ON TABLE HOLD FORMAT COMT
END
-RUN
or
APP FILEDEF MYCSV DISK BASEAPP/MYCSV.CSV
TABLE FILE CAR
    DCOST   AS 'Dealer,Cost'
 BY COUNTRY AS 'Country'
 BY CAR     AS 'Car'
 BY MODEL   AS 'Model'
ON TABLE HOLD AS MYCSV FORMAT COMT
END
-RUN

The first one creates hold.csv and hold.mas in the BASEAPP dir and the second creates only mycsv.csv. Both csv files are readable from notepad or Microshaft Excel.

T

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post