Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] WF 7.7.03 UserID Change

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] WF 7.7.03 UserID Change
 Login/Join

posted
Hi everyone, I have a user who recently changed her company userid, which is the account info we use for our WF userids. Is there an easy way to change this in Ver.7.7.03 (we'll be upgrading to 8.2 soon) so that she doesn't lose any of her existing reports or accesses which are under the old userid? For instance her old id was abc123 and her new id is def456. All of her info needs to be available under def456. Thanks in advance!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,

WebFOCUS 7.7.03
Unix Solaris
Excel

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
PhillyPat

Are you using Internal or External authentication in the MR Security Settings from the Administration console?

Thank you for using Focal Point!

Chuck Wolff - Focal Point Moderator
WebFOCUS 7x and 8x, Windows, Linux All output Formats

Posts: 2127 | Location: Customer Support | Registered: April 12, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Chuck,

First, I apologize for taking so long to respond. Juggling too many projects these days (aren't we all)? Smiler Also, I didn't have Notifications set to On (I do now!)

When I go into the Admin console and look at the MR Security settings, I see the following:

"REPOSITORY_DRIVER set to MR Realm Driver"

For Authentication, "Trusted" with "Use Webserver REMOTE_USER variable" also selected.

For Authorization, "Internal" is selected.

Any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Pat

WebFOCUS 7.7.03
Unix Solaris
Excel

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Under 7.7.03 "moving" a user id to another one it's a manual process that is not simple and where it's easy to corrupt the whole setting.
So you need to have backup of all original files and folders.
I also do suggest to try it first under a test/dev environment.

If I do remember properly here are the steps:

1- Create your new user id from Managed Reporting Administration
2- Stop Tomcat & WebFOCUS services
3- From a Windows explorer go to : .../WebFOCUS77/basedir
4- Locate the folder with the new user id and make a copy : def456
5- Locate the htm file with the new user id and make a copy : def456.htm
6- Locate the file user.htm and make a copy
7- Copy old folder abc123 over def456
8- Copy old file abc123.htm over def456.htm
9- Edit the new def456.htm and change all reference to abc123 by def456
10- Edit file user.htm and change all reference to abc123 by def456
11- Start Tomcat & WebFOCUS services

The old abc123 should not be affected and still work. Once you are sure that the new def456 work properly you can then remove abc123 using Managed Reporting Administration

GL

WF versions : Prod 8.2.04M gen 33, Dev 8.2.04M gen 33, OS : Windows, DB : MSSQL, Outputs : HTML, Excel, PDF
In Focus since 2007

Posts: 2409 | Location: Montreal Area, Qc, CA | Registered: September 25, 2013Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Martin, I'll give this a try.

Pat

WebFOCUS 7.7.03
Unix Solaris
Excel