Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     (Solved) moving a dev studio htm file to a wf server

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
(Solved) moving a dev studio htm file to a wf server
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
I have created an htm file in developer studio (v761) that has 3 chained drop down lists and produces two reports displaying side by side. The drop down list populates and works correctly getting the data from a focus db on the wf server. The fexs are not being found. The htm file references the server as: ibic_server="http://server/ibi_apps/WFServlet" ibiapp_app="menureports". Menureports is the directory on the wf server where the fexs are kept.
What do I need to change in the htm file for it to run on the wf server?
I have been receiving error: An HTTP 500 error has been returned when attempting to communicate with the WebFOCUS web components.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Spence,

WF 8 version 8.2.04. Windows.
In focus since 1990.

Posts: 189 | Location: pgh pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
I'm a bit confused about what you are asking but let's see what we can start.

First of all, are you running a split environment where the web server and the reporting server are on two different platforms?

Secondly, the variable IBIC_server usually points to something like EDASERVE which is a name specified in the WebFOCUS client to point to a reporting server.

You might need to post a bit more of your html page.

Ginny
---------------------------------
Prod: WF 7.7.01 Dev: WF 7.6.9-11
Admin, MRE,self-service; adapters: Teradata, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Essbase, ESRI, FlexEnable, Google

Posts: 2723 | Location: Ann Arbor, MI | Registered: April 05, 2006Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
EDASERVE

Ginny,

A html page was created in developer studio on a desktop and needs to be moved to a wf server to run as a self service app. i was having trouble with the html on the wf server not being able to find the fex's for the reports.

I changed the ibic_server to EDASERVE and it is working now.

Thank you Ginny.

In focus since 1990.

Expert
posted Hide Post
Spence, how did you copy the HTML file to the server, you shouldn't have got IBIC_server set to a URL.

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
I have a similar issue in that I am trying to move the HTML to an Oracle Portal environment.

Prod: WF 7.7.05, BID, MRE, 7.7.06M Server, Windows 2008, RedHat, Oracle 11gR1, MS Office 2010
Test: I wish we had one!

Posts: 75 | Location: Wichita, KS | Registered: February 19, 2008Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
waz,

the html file was moved by doing a copy and paste. the value was ibic_server="" when created in developer studio. i put the url for the server in when i copied the html file to the server.

In focus since 1990.

Expert
posted Hide Post
Did you copy/deploy it with Dev Studio ?

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post