Focal Point
Retrieving old queries and results?

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/6661087331

June 23, 2004, 08:36 PM
<Matt Ustation>
Retrieving old queries and results?
Is it possible to retrieve old queries and the results of those queries for the focus database? If so are there limitations to the ability to retieve such as dbase maintenance or system restarts? I heard something about some "flags" but dont quite understand.

Thank You for any help!!!
Matt
July 22, 2004, 03:39 PM
<Inigo Montoya>
Matt,

Not sure I understand what you're looking for, but I can tell you what products are available today:

WebFOCUS Resource Analyzer can provide you with, among a slew of reports, the queries that your end-users have been running, and against what data sources and the times they were run. However, the output of these said queries are not available through WebFOCUS Resource Analyzer.

WebFOCUS Report Library (part of WebFOCUS Report Caster) allows you to store reports (like a historical archive), by user (providing they've been given authorization). However, only the ouput of teh query is stored here, not the query itself. Although the name of the Report could easily correlate back to a specific query that you could store elsewhere.

Hope this helps. Cheers!
July 26, 2004, 03:58 PM
Bob Jude Ferrante
If you want to store queries, and your environment is very adhoc, you can use one our desktop Power Reporter.

If you want query storage to be more formal, you can have multiple users store their queries in the Managed Reporting environment. This has the added benefit of letting a designer simplify queries for a less technical user population.

The previous statement about Report Library is the answer for storing the results of queries.

have fun