Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT EXL2K

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT EXL2K
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
OK, this is one of those minor but highly irritating things....

How come when I run a report and choose EXL2K for my output display, it opens a window for Excel, but it's minimized and selected in the toolbar, so that I have to click it once to unselect it, then click it again to maximize the window? I have a sneaky feeling this may be a Windows thing and not a WebFocus thing. Oh, and this behavior only happens when Excel is already open. If Excel is closed, then the report opens in a maximized Excel window.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Jen

Posts: 68 | Location: Springfield MA | Registered: May 07, 2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post
G'Day Jen,

I can't help you with your question but for whoever can I'd like to expand it a bit. When we run a report FORMAT EXL2K it appears in a annoyingly small window (not minimised but too small to make any sense of without resizing or maximising).

I agree with you that this is probably a Windows thing.

Any advice from WebFOCUS land would be appreciated.

Cheers

Andrew W

Posts: 27 | Location: Sydney, Australia | Registered: May 27, 2003Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
and i join you in your complaints.
When a user runs 1 excel-format output job, keeps it open, and then runs a 2nd, bam! not only does webfocus crash (can't have but 1 excel-output open at once), but the users computer locks up and has to be rebooted.
Whether i use EXCEL or EXL2K, its not real excel, it has to be saved and re-opened or copied and slapped into real excel, either way, it makes my users angry.

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
You're right about EXCEL format, it's really a comma-delimited file with the excel file extension. However, EXL2K files are real-live Excel files; they use Microsoft's XML based Excel format.

What version of Excel and Internet Explorer are your users using? I'm using Excel that comes with Office XP and IE 6.0 and multiple copies seem to open OK without a crash, but perhaps earlier versions of Excel had issues with opening multiple files inside the browser?

posted Hide Post
Bob,

We're on EXL2K (with WIN2000) and our IE is 5.5.

Cheers

Andrew W

Posts: 27 | Location: Sydney, Australia | Registered: May 27, 2003Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
We have WinXP/Excel 2000 and using IE 6.0

Posts: 68 | Location: Springfield MA | Registered: May 07, 2003Report This Post