Focal Point
How can I get separate emails from bursted report in Report Caster?

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/6677009336

October 03, 2013, 03:25 PM
Michael Bunnell
How can I get separate emails from bursted report in Report Caster?
I need to know if it's possible to have Report Caster send separate emails based on the burst value, rather than grouped by email recipient. I have a report that shows budget related data that will be burst by department. I'm using a dynamic list that contains the department value (burst) and email address. Some people administer more than 1 department, so I'd like these people to receive multiple emails (1 for each department). However, Report Caster is sending these people 1 email with multiple attachments.

Release 7703
Windows 7
Excel
October 03, 2013, 04:02 PM
rogerwilkouk
In the Report Caster Administration, under the Configuration section you can set the Packet E-Mails options to determine how E-Mails are handled.

Controls how task output and burst content are distributed through e-mail.

Valid values are:

No. Each burst value or task output is distributed in a separate e-mail.

Yes. People receiving multiple burst values or output from multiple tasks will receive a single e-mail with multiple attachments.
Burst. Each burst value in a distribution list will generate a separate e-mail for a given e-mail address. There may be one or more attachments in the e-mail depending on the number of tasks in the schedule.

WF 81.5, Windows7
AS/400 Database.
All Outputs

October 07, 2013, 11:44 AM
Glenn C.
Be careful with this setting. It had an adverse effect where it started sending single emails where I still wanted to have them grouped even when set to Burst.
If you run in to isssues search for topic Packet Email - Burst setting.

WebFOCUS 7.7.03
Windows
all output (Excel, HTML, PDF)