Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Putting Graphs into PDF Layout painter?

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Putting Graphs into PDF Layout painter?
 Login/Join

Master
posted
We upgraded to 7.6.4 not too long ago and haven't used the pdf layout painter since.

Today, we tried to create a form with a few graphs that we could distribute with reportcaster, so PDF Layout was the obvious choice.

Then we get this...
"Hold file missing from Graph Request" error when we go to run or Save the form after importing any graphs.

Then I search for the error, and I find this...
http://techsupport.informationbuilders.com/known_problems/32992549.html

So, I call tech support, they direct me to hotfix #3 for dev studio 7.6.4. Didn't change anything.

Just simple logic has me thinking either nobody has moved up to 7.6.2 yet, or nobody is using PDF Layout Painter, as this is a obviously a production-crippling issue and the known problem was documented on Oct 26.

Is there a workaround that I'm missing for this that you all are using?
Is there a different way to put a few graphs into a printable form that we can send out with reportcaster?

Prod: Single Windows 2008 Server running Webfocus 7.7.03 Reporting server Web server IIS6/Tomcat, AS400 DB2 database.

Expert
posted Hide Post
Jason,

I have done PDF Layout Painter with 762 and graphs. If you have more than one graph, there is a special syntax you have to use for the hold files. You have to give them unique names no longer than 4 characters. e.g.

ON GRAPH HOLD AS GRF1 FORMAT SVG

I do have two cases open, however, on the PDF painter as it relates to graphs. One is fixed in 764 or 762 HF5. That is the one where if you re-edit the fex in the painter, the graph has relocated itself to the upper left-hand corner of the page if you had chained the graph to the report and is virtually immovable. The fex does run properly. The second case is one in which the report has two graphs following a report. The second graph overlays part of the first. This one doesn't use chaining.

Ginny
---------------------------------
Prod: WF 7.7.01 Dev: WF 7.6.9-11
Admin, MRE,self-service; adapters: Teradata, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Essbase, ESRI, FlexEnable, Google

Posts: 2723 | Location: Ann Arbor, MI | Registered: April 05, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Jason,
I have just use a little workaround. We had to put together a 30 page PDF (about 50 reports and 10 graphs) and distribute via RC.
We are using PDF Layoutpainter for putting together the single reports and graphs.
(via reference existing REPORT)
For the graphs we create a dummy report with the SVG as image in the HEADING (as Ginny said)
and reference this fex in PDF Layout as REPORT.
the only flaw is that you do not see the result of the report in the painter.
tested it in 7.6.1 and 7.6.4

Andi

Posts: 2 | Location: Vienna | Registered: January 14, 2008Report This Post