Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Agents crashing
 Login/Join

<Ed>
posted
We have many fexes under WebFOCUS53\basedir\fixpocaj\app
One amongst them displays a report in html format....and is working fine.

this report has a link for a pdf version...which when click calls another fex. this fex is running perfect intermittently. however, once in a while it fails with this error:

Error occurred.
ERROR: MR_UNKNOWN_ERROR -12: Pcb2.: java.io.EOFException

if I check the agent on the server console...the agent status is shown as CRASHED.

----
this is not occuring for all instances.
in some cases, if I do a web-browser refresh on this error page...the expected pdf document returns.

what could be the reason for the agent crashes?
thanks

Ed.

Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Ed,

Here is the SPS on your error message. Hope it's helpful to you.

Symptom:

Application receives:
MR_UNKNOWN_ERROR -12: Pcb2.: java.io.EOFException

Problem:

Parsing of a large MFD with several DEFINEd fields. There may have been bad data for a DATE field that is not handled properly.

Solution:

Corrected in 527.
Workarounds:
Move DEFINE to FEX instead
OR
SET COMPUTE = OLD

Posts: 1948 | Location: New York | Registered: November 16, 2004Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Just as an FYI for those who got this error, I managed to fix this error (WebFOCUS 5.3) by making sure that I cleared my joins. I had a join that was being referenced by another procedure and I don't think that the agent liked that amount of data being pulled back and forth. After clearing the join it worked like a charm. I haven't had to use long hold names but I, too, dislike the cryptic Java errors that appear from time to time.

Thanks!

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
I had a similar problem, with crashing agents. The solution with 5.3.3 was a join clear AFTER the TABLE request. See the thread

https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/...751084622#9751084622

We have 7.1.7 in test and the problem appears to be fixed.

Jim Morrow
Web Focus 7.6.10 under Windows 2003
MVS 7.3.3

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
For ED's problem if it worked in HTML, i'm assuming he's using the same stylesheet code for PDF. I've seen instances where we had to change the Stylesheet code specifically for PDF output.

It's possible that the abend is coming from the styling code. Support would need to get traces and a savediag to confirm why it crashed

Prod: WebFOCUS 7.1.6, Windows 2003

Dev: WebFOCUS 7.6.2, Windows 2003

Master
posted Hide Post
IMO, it is a good idea to clear joins, defines and filedefs when you are done them. Just a habit I picked up back in the early days of PC FOCUS when memory was at such a premium.

In FOCUS since 1985. Prod WF 8.0.08 (z90/Suse Linux) DB (Oracle 11g), Self Serv, Report Caster, WebServer Intel/Linux.

Posts: 975 | Location: Oklahoma City | Registered: October 27, 2006Report This Post