Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Report footer not on its own page

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Report footer not on its own page
 Login/Join

<ToddR>
posted
Hi,

Is there a way I can get my report footer to print at the end of my data, instead of on a separate page? We do not have the ON TABLE PAGE-BREAK ON SUBFOOT command, just ON TABLE SUBFOOT. According to the doc, it should print at the end of the data.

Thanks,

Todd

Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
Do you have SET PRINTPLUS=ON on your code?

just a thought,

WFConsultant

WF 8105M on Win7/Tomcat

Posts: 780 | Location: Florida | Registered: January 09, 2005Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
I've noticed with PDF that the report footer seems to have a mind of it's own based on how much detail is on the page.

Leah

Posts: 1317 | Location: Council Bluffs, IA | Registered: May 24, 2004Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Normally the subfoot will follow the data, so you need to look at what else is happening in your report.
As Kamesh and Leah pointed out:
What is your output method?
What SET parameters have you got?
How much detail is on your page?
Have you a footer?
Does it always happen, can you shorten your report and still get the same issue?

perhaps you could post some further details.
Thanks

Alan.
WF 7.705/8.007

Posts: 1451 | Location: Portugal | Registered: February 07, 2007Report This Post
<ToddR>
posted
The output method is PDF, so Leah's comment is interesting.

I had to SET PRINTPLUS = ON to get the footer to print at the end of the data on the report. Without it, it does always happen, even on reports with only 5 or 6 lines, with not a lot of columns. The only other SET parameter I have is DEFCENT.

Since according to the documentation, the default behavior of a report footer is to appear at the end of the data, I would think I wouldn't have to set PRINTPLUS to ON. I saw another comment on this forum that if you wanted to use style sheets you can't use PRINTPLUS, so I'm a bit nervous about that.

I'm running Developer Studio/WF 7.6.0. Could this be a bug?

Thanks,

Todd

Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
In a simple report I have used 7.6.1 and 7.1.6.

It may be that you have to strip the report back to try and find the cause, or try a repro on the car file.

For it not to work correctly, there has to be a reason.

Alan.
WF 7.705/8.007

Posts: 1451 | Location: Portugal | Registered: February 07, 2007Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
There shouldn't be a problem using PRINTPLUS with stylesheets. I use this frequently. In fact, I almost always start by setting PRINTPLUS=ON when outputting to PDF. Then take it out if there is a problem.

Regards,

Darin

In FOCUS since 1991
WF Server: 7.7.04 on Linux and Z/OS, ReportCaster, Self-Service, MRE, Java, Flex
Data: DB2/UDB, Adabas, SQL Server Output: HTML,PDF,EXL2K/07, PS, AHTML, Flex
WF Client: 77 on Linux w/Tomcat

Posts: 2298 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah | Registered: February 02, 2007Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
I just tested one of my reports that have FOOTING BOTTOM and put PRINTPLUS=ON and it did go to another page...so sounds like that has something to do with it.

In Focus since 1993. WebFOCUS 7.7.03 Win 2003

Posts: 1903 | Location: San Antonio | Registered: February 28, 2005Report This Post