Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Passing values from JSP to Webfocus both are in different webservers

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Passing values from JSP to Webfocus both are in different webservers
 Login/Join

posted
I need to pass values from JSP page to webfocus and both are in different servers.
I need the webfoucs security on and passing id & password from JSP page.

Would it be possible?
Thanks in Advance

Jinn

Master
posted Hide Post
To Start I would suggest looking at the WebFOCUS Security and Administration Manual. Secound I would suggest getting in contact with you supporting office and see about getting some assistance. Security is a very important issue and you do not want to dot it wrong and leave your self open.

Hope this helps

Scott

posted Hide Post
Thanks for your suggession.But my requirement is same.I want to call webfocus procedures from JSP which is in different server.
Is this possible?

Thanks in Advance
Jinn

Master
posted Hide Post
Yes, we can call Webfocus from JSP but what confuses me is why you are using different webservers in each machine.

1. Which webserver JSP uses.
2. Which webserver Webfocus uses.

In general, The webfocus client will install on the machine where you have your webserver and JSP code to process request. The webfocus server will reside in different machine or in the same machine where WFClient resides.

I'm not sure what architecture you are following. If you tell me exactly how your system designed then it will be easy to give suggestions.

WFConsultant

WF 8105M on Win7/Tomcat

Posts: 780 | Location: Florida | Registered: January 09, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Kamesh.Here is my requirement :

“Both Webservers are Websphere.
Reason why we are doing it on different machines is because our client requirement is such as both webservers are maintained by separate team.

The requirement is that

Ø The user should login only once (should not be asked for UID/PWD other then when logging in)

Ø The JSP main menu provides options to choose reports.

Ø Once a report is selected the user credentials should be passed to webfocus and report should be rendered with a frame in the JSP page.

Thanks in Advance
Jinn

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
I have to concur with TexasStingray. There are many different security options available, some good, some not so good. And your architecture plays a major role. Are you prepared to use trusted authentication from one server to another, or should you supply full credentials. Are you prepared to have unencrypted credentials passing between the two machines leaving security compromised. Should you run a report from WebFOCUS on one server to WebFOCUS on the other or, if direct from JSP, can you ensure credential safety and where are the credentials coming from. There are so many variables involved and no single answer for everyone.

Please read the Administration and Security Manual and get advice from your local tech rep. Otherwise your security will be none existant.

Alan.
WF 7.705/8.007

Posts: 1451 | Location: Portugal | Registered: February 07, 2007Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
Hi Jinn,
My understanding on your architecture is

request req
Client-------> Webserver on first machine ----->
(JSP code,WF Client) res
<-----

---> WF Reporting server on other machine

In the first webserver you will configure the WF Client (ODIN.cfg) to point to the next machine where the reporting server resides (that's where you have all your webfocus code).

For security you can use any option as mentioned in Security and Administration manual as Alan and Texasstingray suggested.

Hope this helps

WFConsultant

WF 8105M on Win7/Tomcat

Posts: 780 | Location: Florida | Registered: January 09, 2005Report This Post
<DocServices>
posted
Hi Jinn,

The suggested WebFOCUS Security and Administration manual is available online. (Thanks Kamesh, Alan, TexasStingray!) You can view and/or download this manual from the i-Base: The Technical Documentation Library.

The WebFOCUS Security and Administration manual is available for the following versions:

Version 7.6 (DN4500790.1006)
Version 7.1.3 (DN4500704.0406)
Version 7.1 (DN4500704.0905)
Version 5.3 (DN4500599.1204)

If you have an InfoResponse ID, log on to the Tech Support Web site and then access i-Base. By logging in first, you can download the PDF file and/or view the HTMLHelp version.

You can access i-Base via the following Web sites:

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Jennifer

Report This Post