Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] Active Report(AHTML) Performance issue

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] Active Report(AHTML) Performance issue
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
Hi,

I have created an active report about 200,000 records within. and I insert this active report into a "page" with some filter to set 'Default' value. The problem is, it take extremely long(like 4min. or more ) to show the Active report. I did couple research find out could be the distance of network?

I check session agent in WebFOCUS server, there is only one agent is doing this job, wander if possible for multiple agent to process this job to speed up the process?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,

WebFOCUS v8.2.06 , Windows

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Hi David,

I do have:

ON TABLE SET LINES 50
ON TABLE SET WEBVIEWER ON
ON TABLE SET CACHELINES 100

and it still take long to process....

any other idea?

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Hi David,

Thank you for reply, I don't think is relational DB issue, because I do get original source tables from MS SQL Server and we transfer to Hyperstage due to "Only Read" permission on MS SQL Server. And I think we not suppose to query from Running DB to avoid performance issue.

So I did all graphs and reports from Hyperstage.

any idea I should try?

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Why a report of 200,000 records? Who needs to see that many?
If I recall correctly AHTML shouldn't be over 10,000.
I would reduce your report to 5000 records max.

Daniel
In Focus since 1982
wf 8.202M/Win10/IIS/SSA - WrapApp Front End for WF

Posts: 1980 | Location: Tel Aviv, Israel | Registered: March 23, 2006Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Nox

I agree with Danny 200,000 records is way too many for any report but especially and active report, it is not the record retrieval time it is generating the html output taking too much time.

The following is from the active technologies manual.

Because all post-retrieval processing is performed in the memory of the web browser, an active report has a processing limit of approximately 5,000 records or 100 pages of output. The active cache option enables you to send only the first page of active report output to the browser and retrieve subsequent pages from a temporary cache on the WebFOCUS Reporting Server. The server also becomes the resource for performing all calculations, sorting, and filtering when active cache is enabled. Since active cache uses on-demand paging functionality, WebFOCUS Viewer is not supported.

Thank you for using Focal Point!

Chuck Wolff - Focal Point Moderator
WebFOCUS 7x and 8x, Windows, Linux All output Formats

Posts: 2127 | Location: Customer Support | Registered: April 12, 2005Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Hi,

Thank you all for the reply. Yes I did notice 200,000 record would be insane to view, so we setup some filter to drop down record to only 60 records via filter month on "2020/04" on initial load. but it still take like 3~4min. to load.

So I think maybe because some of filter is set as "WITHIN" and then I filter out only certain value to show within filter, and I think in background it do some processing to filter all 200,000 records to try sort out those result and then return to filter in AHTML.
Just my thought.