Focal Point
[CLOSED] Active Report(AHTML) Performance issue

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/6697043396

May 07, 2020, 06:12 AM
nox
[CLOSED] Active Report(AHTML) Performance issue
Hi,

I have created an active report about 200,000 records within. and I insert this active report into a "page" with some filter to set 'Default' value. The problem is, it take extremely long(like 4min. or more ) to show the Active report. I did couple research find out could be the distance of network?

I check session agent in WebFOCUS server, there is only one agent is doing this job, wander if possible for multiple agent to process this job to speed up the process?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,

WebFOCUS v8.2.06 , Windows
May 08, 2020, 07:00 AM
nox
Hi David,

I do have:

ON TABLE SET LINES 50
ON TABLE SET WEBVIEWER ON
ON TABLE SET CACHELINES 100

and it still take long to process....

any other idea?

May 10, 2020, 11:06 PM
nox
Hi David,

Thank you for reply, I don't think is relational DB issue, because I do get original source tables from MS SQL Server and we transfer to Hyperstage due to "Only Read" permission on MS SQL Server. And I think we not suppose to query from Running DB to avoid performance issue.

So I did all graphs and reports from Hyperstage.

any idea I should try?

May 11, 2020, 03:54 AM
Danny-SRL
Why a report of 200,000 records? Who needs to see that many?
If I recall correctly AHTML shouldn't be over 10,000.
I would reduce your report to 5000 records max.

Daniel
In Focus since 1982
wf 8.202M/Win10/IIS/SSA - WrapApp Front End for WF

May 11, 2020, 01:31 PM
FP Mod Chuck
Nox

I agree with Danny 200,000 records is way too many for any report but especially and active report, it is not the record retrieval time it is generating the html output taking too much time.

The following is from the active technologies manual.

Because all post-retrieval processing is performed in the memory of the web browser, an active report has a processing limit of approximately 5,000 records or 100 pages of output. The active cache option enables you to send only the first page of active report output to the browser and retrieve subsequent pages from a temporary cache on the WebFOCUS Reporting Server. The server also becomes the resource for performing all calculations, sorting, and filtering when active cache is enabled. Since active cache uses on-demand paging functionality, WebFOCUS Viewer is not supported.

Thank you for using Focal Point!

Chuck Wolff - Focal Point Moderator
WebFOCUS 7x and 8x, Windows, Linux All output Formats
May 12, 2020, 10:03 PM
nox
Hi,

Thank you all for the reply. Yes I did notice 200,000 record would be insane to view, so we setup some filter to drop down record to only 60 records via filter month on "2020/04" on initial load. but it still take like 3~4min. to load.

So I think maybe because some of filter is set as "WITHIN" and then I filter out only certain value to show within filter, and I think in background it do some processing to filter all 200,000 records to try sort out those result and then return to filter in AHTML.
Just my thought.