Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CASE OPENED] 8.2 Drilldown

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CASE OPENED] 8.2 Drilldown
 Login/Join

posted
Hello,

I'm having issues with the drilldown function on one of my graphs on a portal that I've created and am hoping someone can assist. On my portal page, I have created 4 graphs and a report. the graphs function so that if I select a slice of the pie graph or a bar on the bar graph, the report filters to show that selected data. All 4 graphs function properly with the report when ran off of the portal page, however, when I run the portal and attempt the drilldown functions, it doesn't work with one of my graphs.

Since I am not very familiar with 8.2 portals, I'm not sure if there is possibly another portal function that is getting in the way. Does anyone have any ideas of what I can try and check on my end?

Thank you!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,

WebFOCUS 8
Windows, All Outputs

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Can you please share your code.
Or please open your drill report in new tab and check your parameters are correct or not.

WF Production :- WF:8.0.0.4, 8.1.05 App-studio/Developer Studio(8.1.x) ,
8.2.0.1M , 8.2.0.2 (App-Studio8.2.x),
InfoAssist/+, InfoDiscovery
Output format:-AHTML, PDF, Excel, HTML
Platform:-Windows 7, 8,10

Posts: 186 | Location: Infobuild India | Registered: August 28, 2015Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
1. What specific version/GEN of 8.2 are you using?
2. Which portal version are you using? V3 or V4?
3. Are you using the drill down into a specific fex or are you using Refresh portal page as your drill down?
4. Have you used the exact same &VARIABLE in your WHERE tests?

WebFOCUS 8206, Unix, Windows

Posts: 1853 | Location: New York City | Registered: December 30, 2015Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Chaudhary, I can provide the code for either the graph or the report, however, the variables pass through fine when testing the function via the page. the function simply does not respond when I test it from the portal.

BabakNYC, I believe I am using 8.2.02 but am not sure of a portal version. the drilldown method I am using is Refresh Portal Page and I am using the exact same variables in my where clauses.

WebFOCUS 8
Windows, All Outputs

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Could you copy and Paste all the WHERE FIELD EQ &VAR here? What you're describing should work.

Also right click your uid on the top right click Help and click About WebFOCUS to find out what Gen you're running. That might be important.

Posts: 1853 | Location: New York City | Registered: December 30, 2015Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
Just to be clear, all components work if executed in a HTML, but in the Portal not. Did you put the whole page in the portal or every component on a separate panel?

Test: WF 8.2
Prod: WF 8.2
DB: Progress, REST, IBM UniVerse/UniData, SQLServer, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, Greenplum, Athena.

Posts: 454 | Location: Europe | Registered: February 05, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks BabakNYC. Below are the two where statements, and a set which drives one of them. this particular drilldown passes two variables when clicked.

the ReleaseID is 8202M. does that help?

-SET &STAGEGPHFILTER = IF &ACT_TYPE EQ WoS THEN REQSTAGESUBGPH
-ELSE IF &ACT_TYPE EQ WS THEN REQSTAGESUBGPH
-ELSE IF &ACT_TYPE EQ CI THEN REQSTAGECIGPH
-ELSE _FOC_NULL;

WHERE ABI_REQPORTAL_V.ABI_REQPORTAL_V.AGE_RANGE EQ &AGE_RANGE.|FORMAT=A10V).AGE_RANGE:.QUOTEDSTRING;
WHERE &STAGEGPHFILTER EQ '&ACT_TYPE';

WebFOCUS 8
Windows, All Outputs

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Could you also show us the code that does the portal refresh? It's in the Styling area and should look similar to this syntax with your variables in it:

TYPE=DATA, COLUMN=N2, ALT='Drill Down 1', TARGET='_self', BUCKET=measure, JAVASCRIPT=drillRefresh('AMPERS_PAGE_ONLY' 'COUNTRY' CAR.ORIGIN.COUNTRY), $

posted Hide Post
Sorry! Meant to include that the first time around.

TYPE=DATA, COLUMN=N4, ALT='Drill Down 1', TARGET='_self', BUCKET=y-axis, JAVASCRIPT=drillRefresh('AMPERS_PAGE_ONLY' 'AGE_RANGE' GRAPHME.GRAPHME.AGE_RANGE_DISPLAY 'ACT_TYPE' GRAPHME.GRAPHME.ACT_TYPE_DISPLAY), $

WebFOCUS 8
Windows, All Outputs

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Your WHERE test is looking for AGE_RANGE and you're passing AGE_RANGE_DISPLAY. Same with the other variable.

posted Hide Post
okay, I switched all age_range_display to equal age_range, tried it within the portal and the portal page.

the drill down functions properly on the portal page, still does not function on the portal. Any other thoughts? Perhaps something on the portal side?

WebFOCUS 8
Windows, All Outputs

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Could you get into the Administration Console and under Application Settings, BI Portal see if Collaborative Portal is checked? If that's checked you have access to V4 portals that work with Pages. If it's not you're probably using V3 and I doubt that's compatible with Pages.

You might need to talk to IB tech support to help you figure this one out. Frowner

I'll also be very interested in the solution when you find out.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: BabakNYC,

posted Hide Post
Collaborative Portal is checked....

I will log a ticket with the HelpDesk tomorrow morning and will keep you posted with what I hear.

thank you for the assistance

WebFOCUS 8
Windows, All Outputs